Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hi I followed a link here and got myself in trouble

• Please log in to reply

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello! Who makes your computer? Dell, HP, Toshiba, ect

Do you know what make of computer you have.

I have a Toshiba lap top!

Edited by donetao, 29 July 2014 - 10:14 PM.

Advertisements

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

the front says thermaltake... i had it custom made from a nortec computers in thunder bay... so it didnt come from a regular store

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Ok Thank you for that. I'm afraid I can't help you restore to factory from a hidden partition then. Do you have the restore OME disc?

If not, wait for better help tomorrow, if you want to restore to factory settings.

PS I hope who ever sold you this computer gave you the discs to restore back to factory.

It's sounds like you may have really been given some bad advise and may need to start from scratch.

Don't give up. There are some smart people here on the forum that will help you tomorrow.

Good night!

doneato!

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

oh dear i may be in big trouble... i did get all the discs... i just made a big move tho... and i just went thru all the discs i saved.. and i dont see them anywhere... im hope.. this doesnt mean my computer is.. uhg.. why did i try and fix this myself lol.. i should of known better :(

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

hi :) so.. a friend of mine is saying that all i would need is a new windows 7 professional disc... since i lost my first one.. is this right? i can do that if thats the only way.. i was thinking my whole computer was trash!! lol.. i really miss my ex.. he took care of all this for me!! lol

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
I jumped in very late in the thread and sadly, I guess we are too far from the original problem so that you can be assisted with it with quality.
What do you want to do now, reinstall Windows 7 ? If so, I can post instructions here on how to do so under the form of a tutorial that I wrote.
Or would you like to fix the main issue that you're having and try to repair your current installation ?

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Yea Aura I hope she has not already started on the Factory reset. It would make more sense to me to fix the problem instead of restart all new. May be as simple as clicking one box in Autoruns. Normally not that simple but. Never know?

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

hi! i havent done anything yet.. i stayed up saving my pictures.. im finishing that now... im almost done... so.. whatever you guys suggest ill do:) and thanks...

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

hi! i havent done anything yet.. i stayed up saving my pictures.. im finishing that now... im almost done... so.. whatever you guys suggest ill do:) and thanks...

Alright let's start with basic information gathering (intel).
When you start up your computer, what happens exactly ? Do you boot normally ? Are you being asked to "Repair your computer" ? Or do you boot into Safe Mode ?

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

i boot normally... and it automatically goes into safe mode... then... a screen comes up that says an error has occurred wile attemptint to load a microsot.net configuration file tis is often an indication of a corrupted.net installation... we recommend visiting the microsoft download center to repair.. 

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

i boot normally... and it automatically goes into safe mode... then... a screen comes up that says an error has occurred wile attemptint to load a microsot.net configuration file tis is often an indication of a corrupted.net installation... we recommend visiting the microsoft download center to repair..

Are you able to take a screenshot of that error message and post it here ? Or copy/paste the text you see in that error message and post it here ?

After doing that, please click on your Start Menu, type in cmd in the search field, right-click on the cmd icon that will appear and select Run as admin. Once the command prompt is open, enter the command sfc /scannow. Please wait until the scan is finish (100%) and tell me exactly what message is returned after.

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

yes i can.. but.. i need a lil help with that.. i took a picture of it last night.. when i try and attach it it says its to large.. can u give me advice on how to make it smaller to attach? the picture is on my cell phone... 

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

nvm.. i think i got it.. sorry... i am such a noob.. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 20140729_182406_resized.jpg

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

yes i can.. but.. i need a lil help with that.. i took a picture of it last night.. when i try and attach it it says its to large.. can u give me advice on how to make it smaller to attach? the picture is on my cell phone...

Can you try to send me it via a private message ? It might work like that.

The problem is causes by your Curse Client, nothing wrong really. Does your computer always reboot automatically in Safe Mode without you pressing anything? If so I know what the issue is.

Edited by Aura, 30 July 2014 - 10:00 AM.

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

its only started doing it since the chkdsk scan yesterday... now i cant get it out of safe mode.. or connect to internet