Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hi I followed a link here and got myself in trouble

• Please log in to reply

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

heck ya!! if your willing !

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

attachicon.gif20140730_201415_resized.jpg

this is the pic of the device manager now

Alright give me a few minutes to get on the computer and look for the missing drivers. Avast! Will need to be reinstalled in my opinion, but let's take care of the two other drivers first.

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

ok whatever u say! im here.. my friend is trying to get me to play wow again with him... so i was trying to get my computer to where it didnt lag... as i think its a good computer... but.. it was saying.. missing drivers... and lagging terribly.. so thats what caused me to try and do this to begin with... lol... a dumb game!

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Guild Wars > WoW but thats just my opinion :)
I find it weird how dxdiag only returned me the motherboard model. Tell me, is your PC custom built or prebuilt ?

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hey Aura! Good job. Now tell her how important it is to back up her OS, after you get it all fixed up.

Did anyone read my reply??? :laughing:Post #88

Edited by donetao, 30 July 2014 - 06:28 PM.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

Hey Aura! Good job. Now tell her how important it is to back up her OS, after you get it all fixed up.
Did anyone read my reply??? :laughing:

I already have a good little canned speech for that. It will come at the end when everything is patched as a safety for the future.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Did anyone read my reply??? :laughing:

I already have a good little canned speech for that. It will come at the end when everything is patched as a safety for the future.

:spoton:

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

lol// thats right.. let me have it!! and i havent tried guild wars... i did my run with wow... was top shadow priest in server...but quit a couple years ago... i got him into it.. and he still plays.. but on afree server... im just playing .. more for fun... but .. maybe ill give guild wars a peeksie!

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

oh! donetao! i just read it... sorry... for some reason.. i dont see all the posts... its either my adhd brain.. or my computer lol... im going to go with computer .. only cuz... ya.. i dont wanna feel completely silly all the time! but im not gonna say sorry! haha or aura will tease me again :P

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

oh... pc is custom built.. i told them... and im embarrased by this.. but i wanna raid in wow without lag.. and the dude was a gamer.. so he built it... but.. as ive come to find out.. in this move across province.. ive lost all the discs to my different components ugh

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

oh... pc is custom built.. i told them... and im embarrased by this.. but i wanna raid in wow without lag.. and the dude was a gamer.. so he built it... but.. as ive come to find out.. in this move across province.. ive lost all the discs to my different components ugh

You can download and install Speccy (free version). Then execute it, take a picture of the main window and post it here Chicklet.

Edited by Aura, 30 July 2014 - 06:38 PM.

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

ok i downloaded it.. how exactly do i execute it... its a lil confusing 

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

ok i downloaded it.. how exactly do i execute it... its a lil confusing

Executing a file simply means to launch it (double click on it) :)

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

20140730_204548_resized.jpg

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

attachicon.gif20140730_204548_resized.jpg

Your CPU is overheating. I strongly suggest you to clean the inside of your computer case. The trick is to get a can of compressed air, then blow the dust out of the case (remove the side panel the access the interior), and you aim for the CPU, GPU, fans and cooling system. Also, reapplying thermal paste on the CPU will be a good idea.
Follow these instructions :
  • Download MiniToolBox;
  • Execute it;
  • Check the "List Installed Programs" checkbox;
  • Click on "Go";
  • Copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;