Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Creating a Database

• Please log in to reply

missbee

missbee

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have a database of clients who are booked to attend particular events throughout the year. The database of client details is actually handled by another program, but I can send these details to an Excel spreadsheet.

I am looking for a way I can easily generate a list of attendees for each event, with all the client details (address, phone, etc) automatically populated. Can anyone talk me through the steps how to make this happen?? I have Excel 2007 and Access at my disposal.

Advertisements

Incoming

Incoming

• PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

While you wait for someone more familiar with MS Office, I would use SQL Joins. Below is a link to using joins in access.

It does what it sounds like it does, which I believe is what you want.

http://office.micros...A010096320.aspx

dm27

dm27

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Hello missbee,

Hopefully we can help you with your questions. Could you tell me if your customer database in in Access or another application? How do you get currently get the information out of the database and into Excel?

Incoming provided a good link on SQL joins. How familiar are you with queries, missbee?

Sincerely,

David