Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The best parental control software

• Please log in to reply

Soil

Soil

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Also the security issue, 

I have a question to all parents, how do you protect your kids in the internet. I am looking for some reliable third-party software and I will be extremely gratefull for any suggestion or opinion.

Regards

Advertisements

Lalyoa

Lalyoa

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Personaly I am using the PCWebControl, it's has got very nice interface and a lot of useful features. The think that I like the most are the reports that are clear.

b0bl335wa663r

b0bl335wa663r

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Hi Soil,      :welcome:

I don't have any children to bother about but I've a brother who uses a computer at home. Using the Microsoft's in built Parental Control feature is the best thing I prefer when coming to restrict the access to games and programs you don't want them to use and the time you want them to spend on. 

You did not mention what version of Windows you are using on your system. So I'm providing links for both Windows 7 and Windows 8.

How to Setup Parental Control on Windows 7?

How to Setup Parental Controls on Windows 8?  (Article from WikiHow)

Regards,

Bob

catana

catana

• Pip
  • 5 posts

thanks you

Hi Soil,      :welcome:

I don't have any children to bother about but I've a brother who uses a computer at home. Using the Microsoft's in built Parental Control feature is the best thing I prefer when coming to restrict the access to games and programs you don't want them to use and the time you want them to spend on. 

You did not mention what version of Windows you are using on your system. So I'm providing links for both Windows 7 and Windows 8.

How to Setup Parental Control on Windows 7?

How to Setup Parental Controls on Windows 8?  (Article from WikiHow)

Regards,

Bob

thanks you very much.

b0bl335wa663r

b0bl335wa663r

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

thanks you very much.

No problem catana.

Sue_W

Sue_W

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Also the security issue, 

I have a question to all parents, how do you protect your kids in the internet. I am looking for some reliable third-party software and I will be extremely gratefull for any suggestion or opinion.

Regards

Hey, we are using Care4teen (http://www.care4teen.com/) to control our son's digital activity. It also has good firewall, cause parents take part in building it. Anyway, we control online gaming, internet surfing and even tracking his location with it. Highly recommend ;)

charaev

charaev

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi :geek: ,  I understand you very well, as I've met with the same problem of kids security in internet. Common known fact that teens a are easily subjected to bad reputation sites, different attacks,  spy and malware, It's not a secret, my young daughter also was victim of such sites in internet. Since then I decided to track her internet activity by means a parental control software based on keylogger principle, recently I've found a good source www.refog.com to download this soft and use it now. I’m sure in my daughter protection today, and can recommend you use this software with pleasure :yeah: .

Edited by charaev, 09 May 2015 - 08:56 AM.