Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple problems after using Windows 7 theme manager

• Please log in to reply

ItachisTruth

ItachisTruth

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hey, i'm new to the forums so not sure if this is where I post this or not, but please any help will be much appreciated :)

Well, i'm not entirely sure that Windows 7 Theme Manager is causing the problem, but these problems started when I was messing with my computers custom theme. I've done this multiple times before but this is the only time i've used a program to do everything for me, and when trying to do a system recovery it came up with an error of not being able to do a system recovery. These are some problems that have started happening:

1. Some odd images will glitch (attached screenshot showing example)

2. Some youtube players won't even load

3. Facebook videos will load to a certain point then stop and reset if I press play

4. Downloads stop 1 megabyte before they finish

I also tried changing my windows start orb manually by opening the file in Restorator and importing the new orbs manually, but when I replace the file with my backup it still doesn't fix it.

I know there a lot of problems, but a fix for some of them would be very much appreciated :)

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.png

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

:welcome:     ItachisTruth

Looking at your screenshot at least one issue could be hardware related as in a physical problem with the graphics solution or software related concerning the same item but driver related for example, to try and determine which we will need some further information.

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is a brand name provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

NB: In order to receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

ItachisTruth

ItachisTruth

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi, sorry for the late reply I kind of gave up on the subject for awhile before having to use the computer again and remembering how severe it was. Is all you need in this image attached?

333c1l0.png

I'm almost certain that the problems have something to do with the theme manager, since it does tinker ,with some files in my windows system folder. YouTube videos also stop and refresh sometimes at random points.

Edited by ItachisTruth, 08 August 2014 - 05:45 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
I'm almost certain that the problems have something to do with the theme manager, since it does tinker ,with some files in my windows system folder.

What does, I'm afraid that humans "tinker" not software.

Is the computer here the same model as the one that you have.

If yes to the above, does your computer have an add on video card or are you using the MBs integrated video port.

To see if we can determine that the issue is driver related please restart the computer in Safe Mode with Networking;

1. Remove any CDs or DVDs from your optical drive/s then restart your computer.

Click the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, click the arrow next to the Shut Down button eb058ccf-b21e-4dfe-9bb7-1ad6c83b705c_47., and then click Restart.
  2. Do one of the following:

• If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

• If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.

3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the Safe Mode with Networking option and then press Enter. 

4. Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.

When your computer is in safe mode, you'll see the words Safe Mode in the corners of your monitor.

Use the computer as you normally would to see if the issue is still present.

To exit Safe Mode simply restart your computer and let Windows start normally.

ItachisTruth

ItachisTruth

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Okay, I think I managed to fix the problems using different methods after looking further online. I found an update to my drivers causing the glitching images for my graphics card I think, though couldn't download the update as it stopped at 99%. I then disabled my anti-virus (Avast) then re-downloaded and it worked, turned out my anti-virus was the problem there. I installed the new drivers and that seemed to fix some problems too. Not sure which thing fixed which but the problems seem to be gone for now, though I will post again if the problems come back in the future.

Thanks heaps,

Jordan

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

You are welcome and thanks for the follow up Jordan  :thumbsup:

Good work on your behalf and please do let us know if the issue returns or when you are happy that the issue is 100% resolved.