Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant log on

• Please log in to reply

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Did you get those accounts straightened out like you wanted? If so, use the computer for a period of time and see if you or your Mom finds anything that may have been overlooked. Sometimes you will come across unforeseen issues that you don't think about on the spur of the moment.

Something else that you might think about is cloning the drive with Macrium Reflect. I found this tutorial some time ago and started experimenting with it, but I am no expert. This will come in very handy if you ever need to reformat the HardDrive (HDD) due to file corruption or nasty infection.

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello!

Very nice Miss Donna and very good advice! :yes: :wave:

Just a back up image of the OS will be good enough.

So why image? An image backup provides greater versatility when backing up. You can save several images onto one sufficiently large external hard drive, making it easier and more economical to save multiple versions of the same disk or back up multiple computers.

Edited by donetao, 15 August 2014 - 08:03 PM.

jeffcaissie

jeffcaissie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

should i back up before changing user accounts or vice-verca.