Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

all web pages slow load in IE8

• Please log in to reply

khazarian

khazarian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Avast suggested I remove the idm browser add-on because of its low reputation rating, which I did. That operation alone eliminated most of the files from the installation folder. But there was one leftover .dll file that wouldn't disappear. I even tried to shred it with GlaryUtilities. Process monitor said it was locked by 4 different processes. mbam, iexplorer, everything and explorer. I killed all except explorer, allowing the offending.dll deletion. Subsequently, I conducted a search of the registry(maintaining a back up) for all entries relating to internet download manager and deleted them. I no longer see the program on the system. SUCCESS!

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello!

That's good! You did not use SearchEverthing?? It's a great program, especially when your removing programs you don't want!

I use regedit F3 a lot, but don't recommend it to members. So are your problems all solved for now??

khazarian

khazarian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
Problems all resolved? The sluggish web pages still persist. I am going to install IDM again only this time on my virtual machine and play around with it for a while just to see what I can get out of it.
How do you use Search Everything to uninstall software? I've installed it on XP but didn't notice it's removal features. Where do I find it?

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

H

ow do you use Search Everything to uninstall software? I've installed it on XP but didn't notice it's removal features. Where do I find it?

You don't use it to uninstall software. You use it to uninstall files and folders left over after using Revo uninstaller.

Here's a example. I typed CCleaner in top top search bar. Search Everything found all the files. You just left click and delete. Keeps your PC cleaned up.

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture48.JPG