Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Very Aggressive Tuvaro Adware Virus! [Solved]

Tuvaro Goobzo iWebar ShopperPro Adware Virus Search GBUpdate YTDownloader

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Spencer4134

Spencer4134

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

I have a question. Is it alright to leave the programs on my computer?

Advertisements

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts
Honestly, I wouldn't. These tools are updated sometimes on a daily basis. And you can never be sure of having the most up to date version of the tool. That's why we remove all of our tools at the end of a cleaning, and if necessary, we will redownload the tool to make sure we have the most current version. Also, not having training in some of these tools could be very dangerous to the machine.

Spencer4134

Spencer4134

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

I do not plan on using them unless instructed to do so by one of you guys. The only exception being to use FRST to scan for a log to post here. I would re-download the programs when receiving help from geekstogo, to ensure they are the latest version. It's just that I've heard of people being unable to download ANYTHING do to a virus, and having these already on my computer could be useful. But what would happen if I removed them, and couldn't download them again because of a virus? If it wouldn't make that much of a difference, then I will probably remove them.

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts
I wouldn't recommend keeping FRST. It becomes obsolete after a few days, as Farbar is constantly updating it. The best bet is when you need to scan and produce a log, download a fresh copy. That way you will ensure you have the latest definitions when scanning. :thumbsup:

Spencer4134

Spencer4134

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

# DelFix v10.8 - Logfile created 21/08/2014 at 13:53:55
# Updated 29/07/2014 by Xplode
# Username : Bowplus - CBSTOSH
# Operating System : Windows 8.1  (64 bits)

~ Removing disinfection tools ...

Deleted : C:\Users\Bowplus\Desktop\adwcleaner_3.304.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Bowplus\Desktop\aswmbr.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Bowplus\Desktop\esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Bowplus\Desktop\FRST64.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Bowplus\Desktop\JRT.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Bowplus\Desktop\OTL.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Bowplus\Desktop\SecurityCheck.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Bowplus\Desktop\TFC.exe
Deleted : C:\Users\Bowplus\Desktop\zoek.exe

~ Creating registry backup ... OK

~ Cleaning system restore ...

Deleted : RP #13 [End of disinfection | 08/21/2014 19:51:29]

New restore point created !

########## - EOF - ##########

Note this is the SECOND time I ran it. The first time I didn't save the log :oops: and it didn't delete anything from a file folder full of them. So I moved them to the desktop.

THANK. YOU. SO. MUCH!!! You guys are AWESOME!!! DEFINITELY better than the microsoft tech support that after 3 hours came to this conclusion: "I can't do anything without an uninstaller"

:killcomp:

But you guys are like: "Let me MAKE you an uninstaller. For FREE!"

You guys are seriously the best.

Thank you so much pystryker. I can't say it enough :spoton:

Edited by Spencer4134, 21 August 2014 - 02:04 PM.

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts
You are quite welcome, and thank you for your kind words. :) Come back anytime you need our help. :thumbsup:

Safe surfing :wave:

pystryker

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.