Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pystryker sent me here; Checking Hardware; Printer Connectivity

hardware printer

• Please log in to reply

LESI

LESI

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Hi,

Pystryker, from the malware dept, helped me remove malware.  He referred me here to have my hardware checked as the computer has been slow to load webpages and typing is slow in chatrooms, and it seems like something's amiss.  Google keeps showing different logos too.  He wanted me to check in with your department to see what else could be tripping it up.

Link to this topic: http://www.geekstogo...duita-and-more/

Also, my printer connection is giving me "connectivity" issues that I have not been able to resolve.  I've worked about 20 hours attempting to fix it, so I'm coming for help.

I have an HP Photosmart All-in-One C4280
I reinstalled the printer software, but it keeps telling me I have connectivity issues.  Everything except the scanning feature was working prior to this....actually, that's not exactly true...the cartridges that go back & forth left to right were getting stuck, but I was able to giggle them and get it to print again.  But now that I've unplugged it and started over, I cannot get the connectivity issue resolved.  The software recognizes the printer being there, but I can't seem to go forward with the HP Solution Center software.

I hope that you can help me.

LESI  :wave: 

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello LESI!

Have you tried the HP scan doctor?? It fixes a lot of problems!

http://h10010.www1.h...cname=c02073861

Also can you go into Task Manager-Performance.

Send a screen shot in your next reply!

doneato!

Edited by donetao, 06 August 2014 - 08:27 PM.

LESI

LESI

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Donetao,

I've run HP Scan Doctor several times already and again tonight.  It doesn't recognize my printer to move forward.  When I run Add A Device/Photosmart, it wants me to connect the printer.  This is the part where things get stuck.  I'm tried unplugging / disconnecting both chords, turning the printer off/on and I even did something else to know that the computer is recognizing the printer is around.  But I keep going in circles and the HP Solution Ctr keeps telling me it's a connectivity issue.

LESI  :upset:

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello LESI! A coupe of questions. What do you see in Devices and Printers?

Also did you try the Printer Install Wizard? I completely unintalled my HP printer and let the Wizard install it!http://h10025.www1.h...tem=mp-122330-1

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture48.JPG

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello! HP has been going down hill with there products and support lately IMHO.

I returned 3 printers to Staples for a senior here in my retirement village before I got one to work properly.

Try this link!

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en

PS Ztrucker is real good at helping with slow computers. Hopefully he will see your topic.

If he doesn't reply, I will send him a PM :yeah:

Edited by donetao, 07 August 2014 - 07:27 AM.

LESI

LESI

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Donetao,

Thank you for your help.  I did get the printer to show up finally under devices and printers with the printer install Wizard link.  Phew!

Yet, as before, the connectivity issue still remains.  I went round in circles many times last night.  I've already uninstalled & reinstalled the printer software.

I was sent her by Pystryker for help with this issue.  I've already gone to the HP support site and I'm lost.

Tomorrow, I will install a new cord to see if that's the issue.

Thank you again,  :wave: 
LESI

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello LESI

Now that your printer shows in Devises and printers, have you ran the scan doctor again.

It' supposed to fix connectivity problems.

doneato!

You are very welcome. My pleasure!

LESI

LESI

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Donetao,

yes, I ran the scan doctor after each trial of change: plugs into different usb holes, then reboot, and with the different cord.  But something strange happened: a black piece of plastic fell off either the plug or out of the hole...it has grooves in it and I'm not sure if that's a piece that's supposed to be in the plug or not as I didn't see if fall out until I heard it fall on the desk as I had looked away.  The one ink cartridge is with a red X on it and that may be tripping me up...or the cartridges sometimes stick...soooo. I'm back at it.

This all started when I upgraded to WIN 8.1....they wanted me to reinstall part of the printer software.  Wish I'd never done it.

LESI

Edited by LESI, 09 August 2014 - 11:01 PM.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hey LESI!

Time for a new printer :laughing:

They just aren't worth trying to fix. They have gotten really cheap these days. I know you hate to give up, bur some times it's best to know when to fold them, know when to walk away :laughing: (Kenny Rogers)

LESI

LESI

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

:upset: Donetao.... thank you for your help, even if in the final analysis, it's not good news!

May you be blessed,

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

:upset: Donetao.... thank you for your help, even if in the final analysis, it's not good news!

May you be blessed,

Thank you Sir!

It was my pleasure!

LESI

LESI

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

My first priority is for help with my hardware.  This question was not addressed.  How may I find help with this as my browsers are very slow.  I had the malware help but Pystryker sent me here for this issue.

Thanks,

LESI  :geek:

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello LESl

Here is a great link about why does my computer run so slow.

See if any thing here helps! Adding more Ram is a cheep way to speed up a PC also!

http://www.computerh...es/ch000179.htm

Here's a excellent link to see if you can add more RAM.crucial.

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/homepage

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello LESl

Run this test by Microsoft and see how many green checks you have!

http://support.micro...rformance/en-us

LESI

LESI

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Donetao,

Thank you for your links and help.  I need to study the first link.  It's a fairly new computer but I have a lot of data on it.  The last link/Fix it isn't for my computer it said.  I'll need to do this tomorrow....as it's late now.

Again, thanks...hopefully, I can identify the problem.

LESI  :prop:

PS  GUESS WHAT?  the connectivity msg didn't show up this time, and it DID show that I needed color ink, so I'm proceeding with that. 

Edited by LESI, 16 August 2014 - 11:35 AM.