Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My LAN Settings are greyed out on IE and Google Chrome

• Please log in to reply

kwedyke

kwedyke

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello,

After I tried to download something on the Front Row Sports site I was not able to access Internet Explore or Google Chrome.  When I click on Diagnose Connection Problem it says, "www.msn.com" is not set up to astablish connection on "World Wide Web service (HTTP)" with this computer.  Then it says below that "Verify the current proxy server configuartion. Click for information about chnging proxy server settings."  Then it gives me a link to Change proxy server settings.  It tells me what to do to go into Tools then Internet Options, then Connections tab then LAN settings but when I go into the LAN Settings everything is greyed out so I cannot uncheck the Proxy Server Setting.  Now the same thing happens in Chrome.

Now I was able  to change the settings in Mozilla Firefox so I tried to figure out what I should do  but nothing it tells me online works for IE or Chrome.  I am the Administrator but it seems not to recognize that for some reason.

I have used Sybot and AVG but no luck.  I tried to go back to the point of when I computer was working but the System Restore does not go back to July 27, 2014 that is before I tried to download something on Front Row Sport.

If you can help me I sure would appreciate the help I need to use Internet Explore or Google Chrome for some things I work on.

I have Vista Home Premium,  64-bit Operating System

Thanks so much!!1

Kathy W.

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello!

You might try a reset on IE and Chrome!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

https://support.goog...r/3296214?hl=en

Edited by donetao, 06 August 2014 - 09:58 PM.