Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Walkin Stores ?

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Does MS run walk-in stores (like the Apple stores) where you can get one-on-one help?

Can someone recommend an alternative for learning how to use Windows 8.1? I have so many questions that posting them here just doesn't seem practical.

Thanks.   .... batpark

Advertisements

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts

Hi Batpark,

Microsoft does have some walk in stores,  I believe they opened them to get some interest in the Windows phones and tablets when they first introduced them. I have seen a few of them around, and I enjoyed making my Apple lover friends go in there with me to look around. :)

You can look them up here.  Not sure if they can help you with Win 8.1, but this tutorial by Microsoft might help you before you plan your trip to the store.

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Thanks.  

Do I understand that MS runs a web site -- a la iTunes -- where one can download podcasts and other apps?

...batpark

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts

Sounds like the Microsoft Store, but I have not used it for anything but updating to Win 8.1, so I don't know much about it.

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Thanks. I've learned there is one in Arlington and one coming soon to Bethesda.