First I got windows explorer has stopped working all the time. After a restart, I got a disk read error soon (it initially booted into windows). After another restart theres just a black screen, after another restart I went into safe mode and windows tried repairing my disk. AFter another restart, black screen again and wont even boot into safe mode. I turned off the computer and tried switching out my current HDD for an older HDD and now whichever HDD I use the computer wont start at all.
Computer wont start [Closed]
Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:23 AM
My username is LiquidTension, but you can call me Adam. I will be assisting you with your malware-related problems.
If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer that.
Important: I have laid out some "ground rules" I would appreciate you follow. Please read through the points below to ensure this process moves as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Please read through my instructions thoroughly, and ensure you carry out each step in the order specified.
- Please do not post logs using the CODE, QUOTE or ATTACHMENT format. Logs should be posted directly in plain text. If you receive an error whilst posting, please break the log in half and use multiple posts.
- Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I provide for you. Independent efforts may make matters worse, and will affect my ability in ascertaining the current situation & providing the best set of instructions for you.
- Ensure you are subscribed to this topic to receive instant email notifications of my responses.
- Scroll to the top of this page and ensure you see the following:
- If you are not set to follow this topic, click the Follow this topic button and follow the prompts.
- If you come across any issues whilst following my instructions, please stop and inform me of the issue in as much detail as possible. Please do not hesitate to ask before you run anything.
- Topics are locked if no response is made after 5 days. Please inform me if you require additional time to complete my instructions.
Please be advised that I am currently in training at WhattheTech.com. My responses will need to be approved by a instructor at WhattheTech.com before I post in order to ensure you are receiving accurate instructions. I will return as soon as possible.
Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:13 PM
Please answer the following questions.
- What is the Operating System and bit-type (32 or 64-bit) of the affected PC?
- Do you have regular access to a clean PC?
- Do you have access to a clean USB drive that you can format?
- Do you have access to your Windows Installation disc?
- Does your computer have a CD/DVD drive?
- Do you have access to a blank CD/DVD?
- What exactly happens now when you turn your PC on? Do you just get a black screen? When does this occur? Do you see the Windows loading screen after the BIOS has loaded?
- What did you do with the computer prior to this issue occurring? For example, did you install/uninstall any new software, run any scans, delete any files, etc?
- Was the machine exhibiting any signs of infection prior to it becoming unbootable? For example, browser redirections, performance/slowness issues, Anti-Virus/Malware warnings, etc?
Once you've answered the questions above we can begin to weigh up our options.
Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:36 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users