Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Activation Problem

Windows 7 Activation Validation OEM Reinstallation

• Please log in to reply

Mobius264

Mobius264

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Ok so this problem happened right after I fixed a different one with the help of Phillpower2. I re installed Windows 7 using an ISO he provided for me. I used the product key and everything worked fine, but I noticed today by accident, under system at the bottom where it shows activation status, that I had 28 days to activate. I tried to reenter the product key but I got an error code 0XC004E003 which means product key is in use. I was able to validate my OS though, so I don't understand why I can't activate it. I used Microsoft live chat for help and they told me to contact the OEM. Problem is that I bought my PC used from someone who had it custom made, there isn't even a COA on the side. I've been trying to find ways around this, I found info on SLP and OEM's linking their motherboard to an OS, so I am really hoping there is a way to fix it. 

Advertisements

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Hi, you say you used a product key, where did that product key come from if there is no sticker? Did you obtain that product key from the previously installed operating system and was the previous operating system exactly the same as the new one you have installed?

If it is different, the product key will not work.

Nev.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hey Nev!

Hello Mobius!

If you have a legit Key, you can find it with this freeware!

http://www.magicalje....com/keyfinder/

You should have used this before you used the W7 ISO file!!1

Edited by donetao, 08 August 2014 - 03:02 PM.

Mobius264

Mobius264

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

That's the program I got it from. It's the same version of windows, but I did not have any recovery or installation disc's. I downloaded the ISO online and put it on a USB to do the installation.

Edited by Mobius264, 08 August 2014 - 05:35 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Where did you get the key you used this time? If you got it via MagicJellyBean then what you got is probably the OEM VLK (Volume License Key) and that won't work. Doesn't the computer have a COA sticker on it with the key you need to install with?

Mobius264

Mobius264

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

As I said in my first post, it didn't come with a COA. I forgot to ask the previous owner about the sticker, didn't think about it at the time. Is there no way to find the proper product key? I used Magicjellybean..

Edited by Mobius264, 11 August 2014 - 02:14 PM.