Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot download & run malwarebytes [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

gregahoffman

gregahoffman

• PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

I was installing an optical drive in my nieces laptop with winows 8. I wanted to install malware bytes for her but the setup would not run. is it compatable with win 8 or is something else blocking it? any help would be appreciated.  thank you

Advertisements

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts

Hi Greg,

This is just a guess, but are your running with Administrator privilege? That's likely the wrong term as I'm not at my W8 machine, but have you Right Clicked on the executable and then picked the Run as Administrator?

gregahoffman

gregahoffman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

yes  I tried that but had no luck , I actually tried downloading them from an a link in an earlier post where I had a problem with my own laptop

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts

I just downloaded and ran it successfully from here.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Do other things download and install without issue?

gregahoffman

gregahoffman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

I also got it to download and run from their website, I tried to also download adwcleaner & atf file cleaner but had the same problem. I am totally not used to win 8, I have 7 on my laptop, this is confusing..LOL

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts

Maybe go over to our W8 portion of the site. There is a pinned topic over there with a free piece of code that will put a Start Button on that W8 machine and let you match the desktop of anything you're used to XP, W7, Vista, etc.  You can switch between that wonderful W8 "stuff" and the other desktop that we're all used to just in case you really fall in love with the W8 desktop.

gregahoffman

gregahoffman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

i'll give it a go, its not my machine, but my niece may like the convenience & if not, she can change it back.  thank you.

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts

You bet! Glad to help. :thumbsup:

Anything else or should I close this topic?

gregahoffman

gregahoffman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

I cannot find the pinned topic in the windows 8 posts, could you help me find it?  maybe i'm having a blonde moment...LOL

gregahoffman

gregahoffman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

I also  can't get malwarebytes to run properly. I keep getting a pop up that says the program is not responding, I updated the definitions but it keeps trying to do that when I start it.

Advertisements

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts

They changed some of the pins, here's the direct link.

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts

I also  can't get malwarebytes to run properly. I keep getting a pop up that says the program is not responding, I updated the definitions but it keeps trying to do that when I start it.

Unfortunately, I'm mostly a malware guy. You could open a topic on the W8 site and see what they tell you.

gregahoffman

gregahoffman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

ok, thanks for the help though, have a great day

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts

You too buddy!!

gregahoffman

gregahoffman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

just for fun, I ran eset online scanner and this is the log I got afterwards. is any of this something to be concerned about?

Attached Files