Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

speecy alternatives

• Please log in to reply

khazarian

khazarian

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

System monitors can be important when you want to find out what you loaded with. I uninstalled speecy and now find using SIW and BelArc to be more comprehensive. Problem with speecy is it lacks certain features you would want to have access to. Plus it's a bigger memory hog.

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello!

Thanks for that information! I use Belarc!

http://www.belarc.co...e_download.html

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Hey,

I still love this one, has it all  http://www.aida64.com/

Benchmarking, system information of everything, monitoring ( even with OSD)

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.png

Edited by jds63, 09 August 2014 - 08:34 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts

The type of software that you use depends on what you require of it, Speccy is fine to use as a troubleshooting tool but it is not for monitoring a computer in any way + you can safely post the results url on tech help forums such as GTG without any personal information such as OS and other software product keys being displayed, you cannot do this with Belarc Advisor which is not a fault btw as the software is intended for personal use Aida64, Belarc Advisor, Sandra Lite and SIW are all equally as good in their own right, I do think that you will find they do use more system resources than Speccy does though  ;) 

The secret is to use any monitoring software that has been provided by the MB and GPU etc manufacturer/s and avoid downloading anything from sites such as CNet that land you with unsolicited foistware. 

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

True Speccy is good lite weight program for general information. Does not show  personal info if using here or anywhere else in a forum.

Speaking of ones that come from the manufacturer, i had originally on my PC with Windows 7, ASUS II Suite which was decent and monitored the temps, voltage and fans of devices. But seems to have issues now that i have Windows 8.1, it works, but i have some issues.

ASUS has not really addressed this issue with making a upgrade to perform well with Win8.1.

So for me i do like AIDA64 does a lot for me without need for so many other programs together on same system, for seperate functions.

I know not to compare it to Speccy, plus for one it is not free. Speccy just a tool to be able to see what is on system and some specs.

True about where you download, always go to manufacurer's site like Piriform for Speccy.

Edited by jds63, 10 August 2014 - 01:57 PM.