Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Managing Replication Between AD LDS Replicas

• Please log in to reply

timdemaray

timdemaray

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I need a little help. I am going through the "Configuring Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, 2nd Edition Training kit" by Microsoft Press. I am on chapter 14 and attempting to do the lab exercise #3. I have completed the first two exercises. I have Server01 with the contoso.com domain name. I also have Server03 and Server04 as member servers of that domain. Both Server03 and Server04 have been installed with AD LDS. Now the problem that I am having is when the instructions tell me to launch Active Directory Sites and Services from SERVER04 and then right-click Active Directory Sites and Services in the tree pane and click "change domain controller."

The instructions tell me further to type in SERVER03:50004 where it says <Type A Directory Server Name[:Port] Here> One I click enter and hit ok, it keeps telling me the status is "unavailable." I then double click it and then am given a warning dialog box. I click yes and then get an error dialog box. I have no idea why it keeps telling me the server is unavailable and am almost at wits end. Maybe this is an easy fix, but I hope someone can help me out and give me a few pointers.

Advertisements