Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multi use PC. Components shortlisted, need opinion..

• Please log in to reply

agarwal29

agarwal29

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I know there is no such thing as a future proof system but I would like to make this system as much future proof as possible. While I would like to make this system somewhat of a high-end, money do matters, so for example: in case of a RAM I would like to buy 8GB for now and when the time is right I would like to buy another 8GB and add to it.

While I would like to play games I would not like to make this system solely for games.

I know absolutely nothing about CPU casing, Graphics Card and PSU's.

I would like to use this system to build applications and Games for Android, web development and play some heavy games which will be released in the future which I can't already play on my i5 system with intel hd4000.

Applications I would like to use almost daily:
Eclipse, Android emulator, Photoshop, Illustrator, Blender, GTA IV (V if it ever gets released ), Notepad++, Firefox, Chrome, Virtual PC, Visual Studio, Action/RPG games( I haven't played anything other than CS Source but would like to test some heavy games like Skyrim and stuff).

Operating System I am planning to use: Windows 7, Ubuntu, and Mac OS X(haven't decided the version yet) on Multi-Boot.

I would like to buy a 23 inch screen with 1920 x 1080 Pixels and maybe later add a couple more monitors to it or get a 32 inch Television instead.

What I have found online: This is just what I think I should have:

Okay, so here is the final list: (please note this is the price I am getting in India, where I live)
If you find anything wrong with this, please let me know.

G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) 1600 Mhz - $110
Cooler Master Enforcer - $123
Logitech G300 Gaming USB 2.0 Mouse - $25
TVS-e Champ Media Plus  - $13
Asus 23 inch VX238H-W LED Backlit LCD Monitor - $250
Creative SBS A520 5.1 Speaker - $55
Western Digital 2tb Hard Diskdrive (wd20ezrx) - $100
Corsair RM650 PSU - $134
ZOTAC GTX 770 - $440
Intel Core i7-4790K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz) - $400
GIGABYTE Z97 - $250-300

Possible future upgrades: Additional RAM, Graphics card.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

:welcome:   agarwal29

Not a bad list of parts but I would make a couple of suggestions;

The case does not have top of the range cooling, it has a large amount of plastic making up its construction which is prone to holding heat, if available consider the Antec 900 V3 which has an excellent cooling arrangement and not so much plastic.

The 2TB HDD would be better if only 1TB as not only is 2TB an awful lot of data to lose should the drive fail it is also more work and time consuming to back up, I would suggest a 256GB or above SSD for the OS/s and most frequently used software/games and a 1TB HDD for data only storage, you can then add further 1TB HDDs as you need them.

You are paying a lot of cash for the GTX 770 however be prepared to pay a little more for a better brand such as Asus, EVGA, Gigabyte or MSI.

Not enough information to be able to comment on the MB and Ram, do you have links for them so that we can take a look, for as to why see my canned text below

For the best and most stable performance you should where possible purchase a CPU and Ram that have been tested and approved by the motherboard manufacturer, this is referred to as the QVL ( qualified vendors list ) understand though that there are too many products released for them all to be tested so other hardware will be compatible but not proven to be.