Jump to content

Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

problems with desktop and laptop


  • Please log in to reply

#1
coojmeister

coojmeister

    New Member

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi was wondering if anybody out their could help me,i've got a dell dimension 9100 and got my hard drive scrubbed so to sell but when i connected it back up i'm getting a black screen saying computer in power safe mode have tried what it says on screen but to no avail and when taking cables out i broke the audio jack in PC.Problem 2 i also have an Asus K501Jseries laptop but my touchpad stopped working about 1 mth ago and i'm using mouse from desktop to work laptop,so if anybody could help me out it would be appreciated thx.


  • 0

Advertisements


#2
donetao

donetao

    Banned

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello!

Which problem would you like to start with??

Here are your drivers for your Asus!!

http://support.asus....k50ij&p=3&os=29

PS You scrubbed your HD and now you connect it back up and you get a black screen???

If you wiped your HD, what are you expecting to see when you hook it back up.

The OS is gone!!!

doneato!


  • 0

#3
SpywareDr

SpywareDr

    Member 2k

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts
coojmeister, on 11 Aug 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

Hi was wondering if anybody out their could help me,i've got a dell dimension 9100 and got my hard drive scrubbed so to sell but when i connected it back up i'm getting a black screen saying computer in power safe mode have tried what it says on screen but to no avail

Reinstall the operating system.


 

 

coojmeister, on 11 Aug 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

and when taking cables out i broke the audio jack in PC.

Replace the audio jack, or motherboard.


 

 

coojmeister, on 11 Aug 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

Problem 2 i also have an Asus K501Jseries laptop but my touchpad stopped working about 1 mth ago and i'm using mouse from desktop to work laptop,so if anybody could help me out it would be appreciated thx.

Some laptops have a little switch, button or function key to enable/disable the touchpad. If yours doesn't have one, or it's already enabled and still not working, as donetao mentioned, try reinstalling the driver. If that still doesn't solve the problem, the next step would be to try replacing the touchpad.


Edited by SpywareDr, 12 August 2014 - 06:57 AM.

  • 0

#4
donetao

donetao

    Banned

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello!

Thanks for the help SpywareDr. :spoton:

All GTG members are always welcome on topics I'm helping on.

Team work is good!


Edited by donetao, 12 August 2014 - 08:44 AM.

  • 0

#5
SpywareDr

SpywareDr

    Member 2k

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

ThumbsUp.gif :)


  • 0






Similar Topics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP