Ok, just going over what we have covered and found so far.
1) Multiple AV/AM programs running in real time. When not running (this is similar to when you ran the Clean Boot), everything seems to run up to the point you need a consent.exe / UAC pop up confirmation. At this point, the system hangs. Things have freed up since deleted Emisoft, AVG Virus(Tune up, Zen this was hanging in SAFE MODE advertisement). sytem is not hangng ... running much faster at this point. Win update coming in great, RESTORE even worked(never did before). Need recomend on Virus software for this older system and Win 7.
2) When I mentioned Registry Cleaners, I was referring to AVG TuneUp (as most of these products seem to think that removing 'unneeded' data from the registry will make your system run faster). You have not had CCleaner.exe on this system (or at least not according to any of logs I have seen) so you don't need to tear out any hair looking for it. CCleaners IS ON THIS SYSTEM... I can't find it either but it is on my DESKTOP. I do want to know where it is but can't find by name or manufactur. I use it scary to not be able to find it ?
3) The sfc scan did not find any modified system files or drivers; if it had, there would have been a notification on the command prompt windows you had open.
4) The upgrade to Win7 - when you said "there tool" was used to migrate settings / data / etc. - who's tool was that Microsoft's or Dell's? Windows Easy Transfer, program that collects XP data then plots it in Win 7.
5) Did you have to update the video driver after the Win7 install? What version is the driver in your system? (You can check by going to Control Panel > Device Manager > Display Adapter and click the arrow to expand this section. Right click on the adapter and select Properties; on the Driver tab the version will be listed.) SCREEN attached
I will be traveling for 8/13 & 8/14 PLEASE DO NOT delete my post without response. I will DL your refferal based on what you suggest as trial for virus software then give you full update. It got scary there when Windows 2 or 12 updates DL and then REBOOT. Black screen then system did DISK check. Ran disk check booted then was able to get remainder of DLs. Now the system is shutting down as normal. HUGE relief at this point. Right nowt I would say IE deletion of settings freed up so I could delete conflicting programs( seems like AVG Tune up & Zen were big in this) fighting for use ? System is running better. I want to formulate a list of ?s after it runs and after I get Virus Software. I was going to DL Microsoft Essential but it brought up uninstalling other Malaware programs and Malware has worked for me ?
Edited by everythingsm, 19 August 2014 - 12:59 PM.