Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard drive puzzle

• Please log in to reply

Janis

Janis

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

I'm working on an older HP and a Compaq laptop.  They have similar problems   The HP at first accepted the install of an OS but at the second reboot   I could never get past the screen with choices for safe mode, last good configuration, etc.    The Compaq starts with that screen.   On the Compaq I ran the onboard diagnostic for the hard drive and it passed. Then i wanted to install an OS but it told me no hard drive was available.  On the Hp when I tried a second time to install an OS,  it refused to complete formatting in setup.  What possibility am I missing?  Is there any way to rescue these laptops or is it possible they both have bad motherboards?

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello!

With all due respect. this is not a repair shop. How about we work on one at a time??

First of all we don't know what the make and model or the OS of the Computers.

We also don't know what media your using to restore the computers.

"What Are you missing" IMHO you are missing a whole lot.

Which one would you like to start with first? HP or Compaq??

Is it possible that they both have bad MB's?

Certainly that's possible!

I need a whole lot more information!

donetao!