Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"The web address you entered could not be found"

Windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply

jaycee398

jaycee398

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Any help would be appreciated by a Silver Surfer - please!   I am operating Windows 8.1 and AOL 9.97.    New problem suddenly arisen, copy and paste web address and/or click on link and receive the message "

The web address you entered could not be found

As this happens only about 60% of the time I try, am I correct to presume a minor adjustment is required.  Many thanks

jaycee398

www.informationsniper.com   

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello!

If your using IE 11, You might try this.

Also try a different browser(Firefox, Chrome, ect! I have all three browsers! I suggest you use Firefox!

http://windows.micro...s#1TC=windows-7

PS I'm 76 years young!

donetao!

If you get a page not found error such as "The Web address you entered could not be found" when you are trying to log in to set up or use Norton Online Backup in your AOL Browser, you need to use the latest version of another Web browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.

Edited by donetao, 12 August 2014 - 04:34 PM.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

When you copy/paste an address make sure not cutting off any parts of it, especially the beginning http.

This could be the 60% of the time, it is not found. Good possibility.

Try Bookmarking the page, instaed of copy/paste.

Donetao, got 25 on me !! :prop:

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hey jds63!

I didn't know any one was still using AOL. I haven't heard that browser mentioned in years! Great advise to the OP! :yeah:

donetao!

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

TY, and your welcome too.Just an add in that came to mind right away, happens to me occassionally when i do copy/paste. Article you provided said similar. Make sure to type it in correctly.(URL)

AOL to me is dangerous software, used it many moons ago. Would not recommend using it.