Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Programming Language

Information on a new language

• Please log in to reply

AndyFergo

AndyFergo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello,

I have a friend who developed a new language and she it advertising it at the moment, its still not 100% complete but hopefully will grow with a community. You can find information on it from this link.

http://ubersoft.org/...title=Main_Page

"

Sputnik is a somewhat new programming language I (UberFoX) made to bridge the gap between having to use 3 languages (AutoIt, PHP, Perl) it was intended to be just used by me to do some scripting but i see no reason not to share if others want to try it too.

Sputnik is made in C# and requires Microsoft .NET Runtime 3.5 to work

Sputnik is created by UberFoX you can contact here:

uberfox@hotmail.com

The idea was to get all macro functionality of AutoIt with ease and what not of PHP/Perl with the easier syntax of PHP and its' nice built-in functions.

Obviously, making a programming language or even a small scripting language is a great effort and forever ongoing!

The result so far, is Sputnik: a language with a pseudo Perl/PHP syntax with macro/keyboard/mouse/hotkey functionality of AutoIt, regexes similar to Perl, classes similar to C++, yet simplified and still pretty powerful (supporting multiple inheritance and every operator overload and casting overload), multi-threading, and ability to make GUI programs.

There is still mountains to go, and we are only barely starting with Sputnik.

Currently, Sputnik is a bit messy, disorganized, and far from being a 1.0 final version. Sputnik has been developed to around 28% of the final product (which is and always will be free), and at the moment, there is a long way to go! But, it is useable and if you find any bugs, let us know.

Also, if you like Sputnik and want to know more, let us know."

Thanks for looking.

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello!

Above my pay grade, but thank you for your topic!

donetao!!

Xeni

Xeni

• PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

I myself used AutoIt a few months ago and am currently learning Php, additional to my HTML, CSS and Javascript knowledge. Sputnik looks nice, guess I'll test it when I got some time :spoton:

Where does the name come from? Are you guys Russian? :D