OK so I ran CHKDSK and that didn't help. I cant run MS Visual C++ .exe because it gives me that error that i stated earlier.
White screen after virus removal [Solved]
Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:20 PM
Are there any other problems at the moment ?
Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:31 AM
Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:52 AM
Could you run an elevated command prompt
Go start > all programs > accessories
Right click command prompt and select run as administrator
In the black box that opens type the following command and enter :
Meanwhile I will continue searching
Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:01 AM
Then uninstall all c++ programmes then reinstall the latest version
Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:13 AM
CMD looks like is tottaly gone and does not respond. I cant run fixit because its giving me that 0x7b error.
Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:06 AM
Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:43 AM
When I go to safe mode with command prompt, it load desktop version not just the cmd as it should. In regular safe mode cmd is gone also.
Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:50 AM
OK lets use the recovery console to do this
Start the computer from CD as you did to run FRST
Select command prompt
Type in the following and press enter :
sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows
Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:30 AM
OK so I get this message:
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
And it generates log about the scan i guess.
Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:09 AM
Download and Install Combofix
Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:
VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
* IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here
- Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
- Accept the disclaimer and allow to update if it asks
- When finished, it shall produce a log for you.
- Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.
1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.
3. If after the reboot you get errors about programmes being marked for deletion then reboot, that will cure it.
Please make sure you include the combo fix log in your next reply as well as describe how your computer is running now
Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:21 AM
Before running Combofix I tried running any software and seems that the sfc scan fixed the whole problem.
Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:33 AM
OK hold on the combofix and do not run it
Could you test the computer out now and let me know of any niggles that are still apparent
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users