Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Works Suite

• Please log in to reply

headwayne

headwayne

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Dell assisted me in reinstalling my ME OS but did not discuss the fact that my works suite would not be being reinstalled. They mistakenly assumed they had sent several cd wrapped in orange plastic for reinstalling if necessary. When I contacted them about this problem they said that I am a year late in having my problem for them to send new disks. After reading some other incompatibilities that newer versions of programs are having with ME's, I thought I should ck to see if I will be able to install the works suite 2005 in my Windows ME.
Anybody else have this problem??

Advertisements

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
Let me see if I've got your issue down:

You installed a copy of Windows ME over your other copy and now your programs won't work and you don't have the discs that came with the 'puter. Now, you want to get Works Suite 2005 and you're curious about whether or not that will work with Windows ME?

Am I even close?

headwayne

headwayne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
That is correct. I was going to change to QBPro 2005 but have been told that that will not work with the Windows ME. So, I am trying to find out if there will be a problem with the newer Microsoft Works Suite, also. I have been getting some fairly negative feedback on the ME.

To answer your question YES.

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
The answer to your question is "Yes, it will work."

Just so you know that I know what I'm talking about, click here

headwayne

headwayne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip