Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen of death during windows 7 loading screen (more info in com

windows 7 bsod blue screen of death pc software page fault in non paged area

• Please log in to reply

ranchhand3

ranchhand3

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

If I may pop in here, have you tried Last Known Good Configuration when tapping F8 as you boot (as you did already)?  Worth a try for a System Restore before nuking your hard drive. It sounds like the Microsoft update screwed your system, not an unusual happening.

Another suggestion, although not helpful at this time: once you get up and running again, download Macrium Reflect (free edition) and create image backups weekly. With one of those you could have been up and running in an hour.

Advertisements

crunchyroll

crunchyroll

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Right guys I managed to get a fresh install of windows on my SSD and its now working just fine, looks like the windows update was the cause of it afterall! 

@ranch - cheers mate i will do that tomorrow! seems like a solid idea :)

cheers for all your help guys, if an admin wants to lock the thread or whatnot feel free

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello!

I would make a system repair disc!

http://windows.micro...tem-repair-disc

ranchhand3

ranchhand3

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

If you are interested, Here is a link to a current thread, and there are two tutorials on using Macrium Reflect (Essexboy and myself) that may be helpful.

oliver123

oliver123

• Pip
  • 1 posts

hello, here is a passage about how to fix blue screen of death. maybe it can be helpful. 

for more Windows problems, you can refer to this page: http://www.windowspa...dsrecovery.com/