Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC gets really laggy sometimes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

5t3fX

5t3fX

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello people!

I have a problem with my PC and i'm preety sure it's the hard drive but I wanted to check with you guys again. Sometimes, when I play League of Legends, everything is fine but then in a split second it gets really laggy and my FPS drops to 0 and it stays there for 5-15 seconds. I see my LED HDD light blinking, but I don't know how to fix it. Also, it sometimes crashes with a BSOD 0x0000000aB or something like that. What do you suggest I should do? 

Thank you!

Advertisements

ranchhand3

ranchhand3

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Let's check out your hard drive & please post back with the result:

Download Seatools For DOS (free) from my link; in the site screen, click "DOWNLOADS" tab, then "Seatools For DOS". Burn it to a CD. Make sure that your BIOS is set to 1st Boot Device = DVD; reboot with it in your drive. In the screen that appears, first check that SMART has (or has not) been tripped. Then click the upper left corner of the screen for the short test and let it run. It will notify you either Pass or Fail. This is from Seagate Corp. but will test all other drives, not just Seagate.

Edited by ranchhand3, 14 August 2014 - 01:54 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Excuse the interjection ranchhand3  :)

:welcome:   5t3fX

You have also started a topic on the malware removal forum/s here

Please advise as to whether or not it is the same computer concerned at both threads, this is most important as no assistance can be offered here if the computer in question is being cleaned of malware by the staff on those forums.

5t3fX

5t3fX

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Yes, it's the same computer but unfortunatley I didn't get any help there. I'm downloading that tool that was given in the post by ranchhand3.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

5t3fx

Yes, it's the same computer but unfortunatley I didn't get any help there. 

To be fair you started two threads regarding the same issue within four minutes

To avoid any possible conflicting information it is advisable to only have one ongoing topic concerning the same computer at any one time, your malware infection suspicions require the attention of the staff on those forums and so unless you are given the all clear members/tech staff should offer no assistance here, if you ever find yourself waiting for three days or more before any response to your OP please post in the Waiting Room and someone will be along a.s.a.p

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

5t3fX,

You'd have a better chance of getting help if you follow the directions for posting in the malware removal forum.  Please read this: http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/

Once you've followed the steps there, you can post any logs in your topic there. I'm going to close this topic for now, as we can't help you here without knowing whether you're free of malware. If your system is clean and you're still having issues, you can ask me or any of the moderators to reopen this topic.

Thanks,

sari