Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus K52F recovery not working

• Please log in to reply

hallfamily143

hallfamily143

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have an asus K52F I tried to do the hidden recovery by pressing f9 on start up and followed the on screen promts the laptop shut down and i waited for it to start back up when I didn't agter waiting for over an hour I pressed the power button a message pops up saying reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key and I cant get passed that point not sure what happened could really use some help how do I get passed this or start all over again

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello!!

I'm not familiar with the asus hidden recovery. What OS are you running??Here's your manual!

Why were you trying to restore to factory?? The recovery may take more than two hours to complete

donetao!!

http://www.manualsli...52f-459492.html

Here's a quick video explaining back to factory! 

https://www.youtube....h?v=sF1nSSgPBcg

Edited by donetao, 16 August 2014 - 08:46 PM.

hallfamily143

hallfamily143

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Im running Windows 7 I was trying to run a restore to start fresh like it was from day 1 so I could fib it to my son for school

hallfamily143

hallfamily143

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry it is a K520F

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

It is entirely possible that the Recovery Partition was already unavailable due to one reason or another and that interrupting the system recovery is not the cause of the present stalemate so I would like to suggest an alternative way of getting the computer back to a usable state, do you have a Windows 7 DVD disk or at least the 25 digit product code for the Windows 7 that was installed, this may be found on a sticker on the base of the notebook or sometimes beneath the main battery in the battery housing, if you have the product key we can provide the details for downloading an appropriate Windows 7 ISO.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Thanks Mr. Phill. I was heading there, but I'm glad your here to back me up.

Your always welcome and appreciated.

donetao!