Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Gateway NE Series Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

neighnae

neighnae

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Wasted liquids on keyboard...keyboard want work now using USB keyboard...started getting battery low message...replaced battery. Now my pointer stalls and I can't do anything. What could cause this?

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Wasted liquids on keyboard...keyboard want work now using USB keyboard...started getting battery low message...replaced battery. Now my pointer stalls and I can't do anything. What could cause this?

Hello!

I'm having a little trouble following your post.

You spilled liquids on your lap top key board. Now your using a USB key board because your on board key board won't work. Then your battery started getting low and you replaced it. Now your mouse stopped working. Is your new battery charged??Will  every thing work if you're plugged in with the AC adapter.

What kind of mouse are you using? Have you unplugged the on board key board;the one you spilled liquids on?? How much liquid did you spill on your key board??

doneato!

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Sounds like the liquid damaged more than the keyboard. Take it to a repair shop and have them thoroughly clean it (disassemble and clean) and maybe it can be made functional again.