Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How many devices can connect to one wireless network?

wifi

• Please log in to reply

bonnie8

bonnie8

• Pip
  • 1 posts
 I create a wireless network with My WIFI Router software.WiFi is very strong.I just want to know how many devices can connect at the same time,because I have a very big family.

Advertisements

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts

It depends on how the range of DHCP addresses are set up in the router but typical is about 253 per network base (for example 192.168.1.0 ~ 192.168.1.253 would be the connecting devices addresses, the router would be 192.168.1.254 and 192.168.1.255 would be the broadcast IP for that subnet).

DSTM

DSTM

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

If I may add, on a home network, while dozens of computers and other devices may connect to the WiFi router, the performance of a shared Internet connection will quickly degrade as more computers access the Web simultaneously.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

some SOHO (small office, home office) routers (which are the most common) actually have a configured device limit (typically 50 or less). this can usually be changed. but it all depends on the make/model of the router