Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can not connect to internet possible driver issues

• Please log in to reply

semczuk79

semczuk79

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello, i can not connect to the internet via wifi or ethernet cable, my lap top does not know the thernet cable is there and you can not turn on wifi i have tried everything i can think of to sort this i went to device manager and noticed that network controller and teredo tunneling pseudo interface both have yellow triangles under them, i tried installing from an earlier date but didnt help and restore to factory settings but this option was not available, thr lap top is a toshiba with windows 8 installed, on the underside it says toshiba satellite c850-1d2 my girlfriend took it to romania last year and after coming back it stoppeed working as somebody put a copied windows on it we was told when we got it fixed and the guy put a new one on it and installed windows 8, if it is these drivers how can you install them on a computer that can not connect to the internet, i am not computer literate one bit any help is appreciated thank you.

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello!

I'm not a W8 user but sense no one is helping you.

You can install the drivers by down loading them on a flash and then installing them on the PC that needs them.

Now you will have to download them on another PC and use a USB thumbdrive or other media to transfer and install them on your PC. I'd install the drivers for your network card first, then once you have a working Internet connection you can download the rest directly to your problem PC. Device Manager should show you what's not working and requires drivers.

Not sure how much longer I can help you here, but will help as long as I'm permitted!

donetao!

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello!

This is the best I can do for you.

http://www.driversca...-c850-1d2/2233

Some say I don't know what I'm doing.

Trust me! I know what I'm doing!

Edited by donetao, 19 August 2014 - 10:03 PM.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello DSTM!

You are welcome to post on this topic and help the OP.

donetao!

christinebelle

christinebelle

• Pip
  • 3 posts

try to uninstall your now network drivers, and choose the right drivers.