Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just got phished... steamguard.exe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

kingkeef

kingkeef

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Yeah, stupid mistake by me. Not sure what to do right now, some guy contacted me on steam with a STEAMGUARD.exe file. I've deleted the file that I downloaded and ran MBAM but it didn't pick up anything.

Computer is acting pretty slow. freezes when doing the OTL log

Edited by kingkeef, 19 August 2014 - 03:37 PM.

Advertisements

kingkeef

kingkeef

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

bump..

DanoNH

DanoNH

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,155 posts

Hello kingkeef and welcome to Geeks to Go! :welcome:

My name is Dan, and I'll be helping you with your issues.  If someone else is helping you, please let me know so that I may direct my efforts to helping another user.  ALL staff here at Geeks To Go are volunteers; please keep that in mind if I don’t answer your post as quickly as you’d like. I give what time I can.

I am currently in training, so there will be another person reviewing my work.  This may cause a bit of a delay in my responses, but on the positive side, you will have two sets of eyes reviewing your logs instead of one... :cool:

As an FYI, bumping your own posts only makes it less likely you will receive help, because we look for posts with no replies.  A post with one or more replies appears to have been responded to already... ;)

• Please note that you should have Administrator rights to perform any fixes. Also note that multiple identity PC’s (family PC’s) can present a different problem; please tell me if your PC has more than one individual’s setting, but continue with the fix.
  • Before we proceed, you may wish to print these instructions for easy reference during the fix, although please be aware that many of the required URLs are hyperlinks in the blue names shown on your screen. Part of the fix may require you to be in Safe Mode, which might not allow you to access the internet, or my instructions.
  • Please understand that malware removal is a complicated, multi-step process.  Therefore please stay with me until I tell you that your system is clean.  Attempting malware removal or clean-up yourself will only extend the time it will take to get your system clean.  If you get stuck or have questions, please stop and ask so I can help you.
  • Be sure to back up any personal data files you need to keep (documents, photos, etc.) to a USB flash drive or external hard disk.  While every attempt will be made to precisely repair the infections on your computer, due to the complexity and unpredictability of malware clean-up, there is always a risk of data loss.

OK, now we can get started...

First

Can you please describe your symptoms?  I need this information now and as we proceed to help me understand how the computer is acting.

Next

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Right click on FRST on your Desktop and choose Run as Administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens, if asked, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Make sure the Addition.txt check-box is checked.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
  • Please copy and paste that log back here.
  • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

kingkeef

kingkeef

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Sorry, I reposted the thread: http://www.geekstogo...s/#entry2430952

Thanks!

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Since this appears to be a duplicate, this topic is now closed.