Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstalled Chrome but multiple processes start back

Chrome wont leave me alone

• Please log in to reply

Gene R

Gene R

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

I uninstalled Google Chrome and Google Update Svcs keeps popping up and right now I've got 6 Google Chrome (32 bit) processess running.

I've searched on the internet and did all I could find to solve this problem but it keeps coming back. It slows down the laptop.

The laptop is a Toshiba Satelite P870 64 bit Windows 8.1. It says 64-bit OS, x64 based processor

Please help....

Advertisements

DSTM

DSTM

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Hi. I would reinstall Google Chrome, then use Revo uninstaller to completely get rid of Chrome.

This method has worked for me on a number of occasions.

Gene R

Gene R

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

I''ll give it a try and let you know... Thanks....

Gene R

Gene R

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Chrome has been uninstalled and does not show up in the list of programs to be uninstalled but the 'Goggle Chrome (32 bit) process (6 processes with the same name) is shoiwing up in the task manager processes list

DSTM

DSTM

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Right click on the process and hit show file location.  It may have been installed as part of another application.

Edited by DSTM, 20 August 2014 - 10:11 PM.

Gene R

Gene R

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

There are 6 instances of it running at this time and they all are coming from:

deborah\appdata\local\gcc\chrome.bin\chrome.exe

Sorry for delay in replying but am recovering from surgery and just now felt like getting on the computer....

DPCRN

DPCRN

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I've been fighting with this all day.  I found in another forum (sorry) that changing the name will stop the processes.  I'm thinking that's not the end of the line, but none of the usual anti-malware problems found an issue.  See here:  http://www.bleepingc...king-up-memory/ .  Anyone have any suggestions?