Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Double mouse click when I press only once

• Please log in to reply

Vladimir123

Vladimir123

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Hi there

I have this problem for a pretty while and it's so annoying.

When I press once with my middle mouse button it clicks randomly, sometimes it's 2,3 and sometimes 4.

Also sometimes it happens that clicking the middle mouse button results in " right " or " left " mouse click though this isnt that often.

This usually happens when I start up my PC, I mean when the PC was turned off for some time and then I turn it on, but on the other side this happens randomly, doesnt matter if the PC has been working on for minutes/ hours.

This problem occurs in 2 browsers, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.

I have the latest version installed for these 2 browsers, I also once reinstalled Google Chrome but it didnt help at all.

I also use a software called " Auto Hotkey " which is meant to fix this problem by checking the time between each click so it doesnt allow a double click instead of 1 click but using it doesnt help neither because this problem occurs randomly.

Other than that, my mouse isnt any special, it's worth aproximately $7-8 and it's a little bit old, Im using it for like 3-4 years or so.

My question is, what causes these double clicks? Is it that the mouse is getting old/ getting dust inside or something?

Also, is there anything I can do except buying a new mouse ?

Thanks in advanced

Advertisements

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Hi, considering its age and use it has had, also the price of an ordinary optical wired mouse is very cheap these days, I would certainly suggest getting a new one.

The switches under the buttons do eventually wear out and become unreliable.

If problems with a new mouse, we can look deeper, but I would be surprised if there are any.

Nev.

Vladimir123

Vladimir123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Well, sure buying a new mouse wont hurt, I just wanted to make sure if there's anything else to do to fix the problem.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Vladimir,

Question what mouse brand and model ?

Wireless or wired ? If wireless try different USB port. Is it Bluetooth ?

Yes cleaning can help, if way can open or not, use some compressed air spray through opening always hold can upright.

Software for this mouse ? Any updates you know of from manufacturer ? Check your mouse settings, is configured correctly, maybe right,left click was changed and center.

Edited by jds63, 21 August 2014 - 06:41 PM.

Vladimir123

Vladimir123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Hey jds63

The brand is Delux and model is M375

20120526034958cont.jpg

It's wired, I havent tried different USB ports so I'll try that, thank you
It's not bluetooth

About software .. Idk I dont remember installing/ updating softwares, probably the software was installed by the PC service when I bought my PC around 4 years ago.
The mouse settings have never been changed and they're all fine, the double click speed is just a little bit more than the middle of between slow and fast and no, right and left clicks arent changed, they are as they shall be

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

A good couple of quick blasts with compressed air shouldn't hurt and will blow any dust out.

I have seen some scroll wheels where leaning to the left or right on the wheel will act as a left or right click, but only on some. Yours just might be one of them, for a true centre click it should be direct on top pressure, not slightly left or right.

Nev.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Your welcome,Vlad,

Yes if the settings adjusted right to the way you want it.

Check on updates for software drivers.

And as suggested clean the mouse, this should be done regularly anyway mattering to the useage of the mouse, Soft lint free cloth and compressed air.

Possible mouse is not too good anymore, might be time for new one, it is worn out. 

Edited by jds63, 22 August 2014 - 03:19 PM.