Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

msvcp120.dll is not a valid windows image. error while running a game.

.dll game

• Please log in to reply

Catface152

Catface152

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Dear geeks

I have installed a new game on my computer and whenever i try to run it i get this error:

"The application or DLL E:\Games\stalker games\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. -Lost Apha\bins\MSVCP120.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

I am using Windows XP SP3 32bit.Other people on the game site have had this error but installing the MSVC/P from microsoft fixed their error.

I have checked system32 and it contains the dll but it is 444KB and is not written in capital letters as it is in the error message.
I have read that this dll is suppose to have 752KB. I have installed every MSVC/P from the microsoft site but my error is still not fixed.Can somebody tell me where to download the working dll or maybe upload their working dll?

In the folder where the .exe for the game is has a few dlls including msvcp120.dll and msvcpd120.dll
*NOTE:I have tried downloading the dll from dll-download-system.com/download.dll-files.com and sites like that,they usually worked with my previous .dll errors but they won't work with this one.

Thank you

Edited by Catface152, 23 August 2014 - 07:56 AM.

Advertisements

Dadao

Dadao

• Pip
  • 1 posts

You can try downloading this missing dll file from http://dllwindows.co...d-msvcp120-dll/. I hope it will fix your error.