Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell laptop screen probs

• Please log in to reply

zsr_link

zsr_link

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a dell latitude c510 with winXP pro and everything works fine but when ever i try to adjust the angle of the screen by tilting it the screen begins to go haywire and chage colors abruptly, it also becomes eventualy impossible to see anything but flickering lines then a full black screen which then gradiats into a full white screen. The only way I can fix it is to position the screen 90 degrees and slam it from the top left and right edges a lot of times before the screen is restored. This is very anoying because i cant close the laptop and caryy it around unless the screen stays open. I think its somkind of connection problem but i dont know how I would fix this and Dell refuses to repair it even though I have warranty because when we sent it over to them they rejected it saying that I had tampered with the hardware (enev though i didnt). anyone heve a solution?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome to GTG zsr_link, sounds like it may be a bad connection between the screen and components. I would highly recommend you have this repaired by Dell. If you haven't messed with the hardware as they claim, make them stand behind their warranty.