Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

aurora help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

trigga

trigga

• Pip
  • 4 posts
firstly i must apologise if i have posted this in the wrong place....although i have searched the forums on many an occaision to find answers to my problems...this is the first time i have posted.

i found i was the proud owner of Aurora a few days ago....along with Nail.exe and DrPMon.dll and all its little friends.

*Edited by an Administrator

Edited by ~Kat~, 10 June 2005 - 03:46 PM.

Advertisements

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Hi,
You are in the wrong forum please go to the malaware forum and post your hijack this log there. You will receive help from experts who are trained to deal with malaware :tazz:
go here 1st http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html
and then here http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html

trigga

trigga

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
please re-read my post...i have no need of a log...im offering help not asking for it

sorry...didnt mean to snap....this thing has been stressing me out for days.....i even phoned the creators of Arora to thank them lol

ive reposted this in the malware forum in the hope it will help others and save you hours of work

This is a great site. your threads have helped me more times than i could count. It just an opprortunity to return a favour.

Edited by trigga, 10 June 2005 - 02:49 PM.

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
im sorry i did not fully read the topic ;) but thank you we could use people like you why dont you sign up for geek U :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

.....i even phoned the creators of Arora to thank them lol

View Post

You're kidding, right?? You trusted the maker of the Spyware that was loaded on your machine WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION to fully remove it, and then THANKED them for it??!!??!! It truly blows my mind how people can put their trust in this company. I can bet your pc is most likely NOT fully cleaned out, and you can guarantee that when you ran their "tool", you gave them LOTS of information off your computer.

We do NOT allow discussion of this "tool" on this site. Please do not post about it again.

Bob the Mailman, as a GeekU student, you need to be aware of this. If/when you see someone posting about it, please pm a Mod/Admin so we can properly close the thread.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

ive reposted this in the malware forum in the hope it will help others and save you hours of work

View Post

To add to what I have already posted...I am sorry if my comments came across as "rude". They certainly were not intended that way. It does not take us "hours" to fix this problem. We have a very simple easy method that gets rid of this Aurora pest for good, and only takes a couple of posts to do so. I hope you can understand my frustration with Aurora/Abetterinternet. They manufacture this garbage, load it on your computers and mess up your pc without your consent, and then ride in to "save the day" with MORE spyware in the form of a "removal tool".

I realize you were just trying to help, and I sincerely apologize for coming across as unappreciative of that fact. We DO encourage people to join GeekU to learn to properly help clean up Malware. I hope you will accepty my apology, and consider coming back to post here on the forums again.

Edited by ~Kat~, 10 June 2005 - 10:50 PM.