Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help Stop Norton Internet Security 2005 Alerts

• Please log in to reply

kdero

kdero

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey everyone,

I am using Norton Internet Security 2005 on a laptop running Windows XP. I use Microsoft Outlook e-mail. I am constantly getting Norton Internet Security Alerts saying there is a medium risk because RMPwpCli.exe is attempting to connect to a DNS server. As I understand it, this exe file is for my mail connector and is not a security issue. The problem is that 700 times a day this alert comes up, and I always select "Always allow connections from this program on all ports." I even manually configured it to (supposedly) always allow - - - yet it is not listening to me and these alerts are making it nearly impossible to use my computer because I'm constantly having to respond to them. Please help! Thank you so much!!

Advertisements

Boyo

Boyo

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
I am using NIS 2005 too, and I hate it. Big mistake people, don't buy it. The only way you are going to be able to get rid of that pop-up is to double click on the NIS2005 Globe, click Personal Firewall, and then click the configure button. Click on the Programs tab, and then at the bottom of the page click the Add button. That will open up a window to your C:/ drive. Go to the folder where the .exe file is in and then click on it and click Open. That will give you a window asking you what you want to do. Click on Permit, and then click OK button. That should solve your problem.