Congratulations RSFlorida, you have done really well and all is looking good with your machine.
I would like you to perform the following steps to make sure your computer is really clean:
Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware that you already have installed.
- Now select the Settings tab, and check the box next to Scan for rootkits:
- Go back to the Dashboard tab, and click the Scan Now button:
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, it will show you the results. (This one is clean):
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Quarantine All (or similar).
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note below) If the log doesn't open, select View detailed log in the Scan tab:
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by going to the History tab and clicking on Application Logs:
- Choose the latest Scan Log, and click on the View button:
- In the bottom of the Scanning History Log window that opens, you can click on Export > Save to Text file (*.txt). Save the report to your Desktop.
- Copy & Paste the entire contents of the report log in your next reply.
Extra Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
*** In your next reply, I need you to Copy&Paste the contents of the MBAM log file.
Please run a free online scan with the ESET Online Scanner
- Click Run Eset Online Scanner
Note: You will need to use Internet Explorer or Firefox (You will be prompted to install a helper program if you use firefox)for this scan.
Important: Please disable your existing AV software for the duration of the scan
- Click Start
- When asked, allow the ActiveX control to install
- Click Start
- Make sure that the option Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications is checked
- Next click on Advanced Settings and select:
- Make sure that the option Remove found threats is NOT checked
- Scan archives
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Click Start, the virus database will update, this may take a while depending on your internet connection.
- Once updated, the online scan will begin. (This scan can take several hours, so please be patient)
- Once the scan is completed, click Finish
- Use Notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
- Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic
Items I need to see in your next post:
- Malware Bytes Log
- Eset Log