Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win98orMe clean install

• Please log in to reply

orionflame

orionflame

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hey folks! My mother currently has an older gateway (1997) Which is running windows 95 opperating system, everyone knows that you cant do squat with windows 95 anymore so I'd like to upgrade it for her I have the gateway win98 install cd (not sure about cd key) and I also have a copy of windows ME which I know has the cd key. Its been a little while since ive done a total delete and clean install so I just wanted to post here to make sure I was doing everything correctly so I dont obliviate her computer lol seeing as if I mess it up then I cant get back on here to check with you guys and solve the problem..... So I know already that I need to format the drive, delete the old partition and create a new one...... If someone could post a step by step so I can copy and do it without messing anything up Id be very appreciative. If I left anything out please let me know and yes she does have enough ram to install windows 98 or Me (128mbs) So anyways thanks again for all your help Oh yea thanks a bunch to johnny rotten for helping me with some of my previous problems (i.e. malware and spyware problems) I cant even put ad-aware on her computer because it takes a higher version of windows then 95.... anyway im going off the subject thanks a bunch!

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Go to This Thread

Print it out and away you go..

If you decide to go the WinME route, just sub WinME for Win98..

Murray