Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error 0xc000021a

• Please log in to reply

IONx64

IONx64

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Dear Geeks,

My system is windows 8.1, notebook is asus k55a, 4GB RAM.

I had some problem in that notebook:

When i turn it on after metro style display got blue color with that ,,Error 0xc000021a" title.

After i turn it of manually and after it booted fine.

what happened, why it had such error first?

Please need ur advises.

Thanks in advanced.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

if this error only happened once it could have been a transient issue and can be ignored. if it happened/happens more than once then you will need to capture all of the error to make sure we know exactly what's going on.

the 0x000021a error is usually related to winlogon and crss errors (two important system files)

this link has some steps to resolve the issue http://www.registryr...-windows-8-8-1/ . if you're currently able to boot into the system without issues I would try method 2 from that link (sfc /scannow). if you're able to boot into the system then you don't have to do it from the "troubleshooting" menu. just start a command prompt as an elevated user (find the command window in your apps section and right click and choose "run as administrator", then type "SFC /scannow" (no quotes) in the window and press enter)

IONx64

IONx64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Thanks for support friend. Yes it happend once and i am able to boot normally. so no dangers right? I will run SFC.

IONx64

IONx64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

I ran sfc too. see scan result please.

Attached Files

• Attached File  CBS.log   762.74KB   518 downloads

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

not really something I'm going to sift through. if it found anything it will have repaired it back to the way it should have been. keep using the system and see if the error comes back

IONx64

IONx64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Ok thanks friend

Jared44

Jared44

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Could you go to C:/Windows/MEMORY.dmp and upload the dump file to a file sharing site like Onedrive.

Although the problem could have been a hiccup I still find it doubtful as BSODs don't happen for no reason, I'm also interesting in looking into the dump file itself.