Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet running stupidly slow, everything taking ages to load

• Please log in to reply

killallviruses

killallviruses

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Ive never known it to be as bad as this

The worst part is my mum uses this computer aswell and she is murder for clicking on the "congratulations you're the 1,000,000th visitor" popups

I cant even listen to radio online as it constantly cuts out every 30 seconds or so

Please help

Thankyou

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Sounds like you may have picked up some malware. Go to the Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal forum, read the info there and follow the posted directions. Once you receive a clean bill of health, come back here if you have any additional questions or concerns or it turns out not to be a malware problem.

Please be patient as that is a very busy area. If you do not receive a response in 3 days, post a message here: What To Do If You Have No Response In 3 Days?

Do not reply to your post there as the malware folks look for posts with no replies first.

killallviruses

killallviruses

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Thankyou, I'll get on that

Been away for the weekend and only just got back

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts