Toshiba CD55t-B5208 (new, out-of-the-box)
6 GB RAM
Intermittent Pointer/Touchpad freeze
- Pointer may or may not disappear
- Pointer/Touchpad freeze from 1 to 15 sec
- If video/music playing, a brief “tick” in sound may or may not occur simultaneously with freeze
- Web surfing (Chrome and IE)
- KingSoft WPS 2014 (all three)
- Other programs, e.g. Task Manager, Process Explorer,...
- Appears to be related to CPU load - even minor
- Has not occurred during downloads - even multiple simultaneous
- Frequency has not increased with multiple program/browser tabs open
- I have been unable to rule-out any cause related to wireless (e.g. wireless problems can cause system to behave oddly)
- Problem started right out of box - before installation of WebRoot Secure Anywhere
I have already tried the following usual, immediate fixes but obviously none have eliminated the issue:
- Update touchpad driver (driver up to date out of box)
- Uninstall/Install touchpad driver
- Disabled browser extensions
- Disabled hardware acceleration (Chrome)
- Use Process Explorer to identify interfering process(es)
Any suggestions for a fix?
Edited by hjlbx, 31 August 2014 - 09:17 AM.