Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WORD owner on a Windows 8.1 laptop

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

I inherited a Samsung laptop with  Windows 8.1 and the latest version of WORD from my daughter who still needs to use it occasionally. Right now in composing documents using WORD,  the laptop shows me as the owner —my name appears in the upper right-hand corner of the WORD screen .

How can I. change the settings so that <anyone> (for example my daughter)  can compose WORD documents on the laptop that do <not> show me as the owner\writer?

Are these setting changes with Windows 8.1 or with WORD?

Thanks.  ...batpark

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Can you post a screen capture of what you mean? I don't see what you mention in Word at all.

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

ztruker: Let me state my problem clearer.

On my W8.1 Samsung laptop -- On the opening screen of WORD 2008, in the top right corner, I see my name (USER 1)and email address and a link that says "Switch account."  When I click "Switch account" an Accounts screen appears showing me as Current Account and my daughter (USER 2) as Other Accounts. I click on USER 2 and it becomes shaded, and I am returned to the first screen. But my name (USER 1) remains in the upper right-hand corner!

What do I have to do to get USER 2's name to appear there?

Thanks,

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

As I said, I don't see that (and never have on any version of Word I've ever used), that's why I asked for a screen capture. It may help ms understand your problem (I hope so anyway).

See here: Screenshot - Capture Screenshots Directly in Windows 8

Hmmm, Are you using Microsoft accounts to login to the computer? If so that is probably why I've never seen this as I use a local account as I've done since Windows 1.0 or so :)

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Ah, think I may have found it, see here: Summary of Word Fields

WordUserInfo.jpg