Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Chrome occur many issues

chrome font

• Please log in to reply

BraveVN

BraveVN

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi folks, my Google Chrome browser suddenly occur many problems:

First, the font style has changed to small and narrow, hard to read, but it just appeared on some web pages, such as facebook, some of xenforo and vBulletin forums (old version of vBulletin forums are not affected) or Google help pages, like this: 

iTGa9r5xs97dg.PNG

In the image below, the yellow highlighted text are in normal font while the text in red round circle are not, it's hard to read and quite harm my eyes

iIsENyEHflDbs.PNG

Second, Chrome start time is too long, when my computer completely started, I run Chrome and it got about 3~5 minutes to show the complete start page:

i2jMCnuRFCC5K.PNG

Another problem is that page load time is also too long as the same as when it start, even there are many times I typed the web address and hit "Enter" then Chrome not work and there're nothing displayed.

I use Firefox instead, all the things are worked normally, there're no errors.

I have tried to uninstall Chrome completely and then re-install it but it still has the same problems.

Can anyone help me ?

Edited by BraveVN, 05 September 2014 - 10:58 PM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

The latest version of Chrome (37) made some changes to support high DPI devices, and the DPI settings of WIndows affect Chrome's appearance. Blurry font, and fonts too large or too small are common complaints. For example, if you have your Windows fonts set to 125%, your Chrome fonts will appear larger. If you have it set to 75% Chrome's fonts will appear smaller. You can either change Windows DPI back to 100%, or add this to the shortcut used to start Chrome: [pathtochrome]\chrome.exe" /high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1 Here are some more advanced options.

If that doesn't do the trick, you can restore the default setting for Chrome by clicking Settings, then "Show advanced settings..." link. Scroll to the bottom and click the Reset Settings button

BraveVN

BraveVN

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I found out the solution, just go to chrome://flags/ and Disable (or Enable) "DirectWrite"