Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Corrupt file?

• Please log in to reply

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Ok update I did a complete reinstall of the operating system.  There was no saving it after doing the repair install, the whole system just kept crashing.  I now need to figure out what drivers I need to update from Asus, and Amd.  I know there is a bios update, but I have read where many folks say if it is not broke do not fix it, so what is your opinion?  Last but not least I am getting an error in the event viewer which I will will post, and I also have one update that failed to download!  Thank you thus far for all your patience, I appreciate it more then you know.  I think there may be a few dents in the computer desk from my head lol!

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-WMI
Date:          9/12/2014 12:19:45 AM
Event ID:      10
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Mike-PC
Description:
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.micro.../events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WMI" Guid="{1edeee53-0afe-4609-b846-d8c0b2075b1f}" EventSourceName="WinMgmt" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">10</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-09-12T04:19:45.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>875</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Mike-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>//./root/CIMV2</Data>
    <Data>SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage &gt; 99</Data>
    <Data>0x80041003</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

That one is a know error it could be ignored or you can suppress them by installing the FixIt provided by Microsoft here.

Advertisements

blue_mike

blue_mike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Ok I just updated My Amd Apu drivers, but I am seeing multiple Microsoft Visual C++ Files and I am not sure if that is correct!

http://i1044.photobu...zpsb8e87564.png

blue_mike

blue_mike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Okay, everything has been reinstalled, drivers updates, and all my files put back on the pc.  The good news is Blue line is working, the bad news firefox and adobe flash player keep crashing. 

blue_mike

blue_mike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

I tried to do a system restore back to before I update the drivers, that ran with out a problem, but Mozilla is dead I am getting a xpcom error.  I have never had this much trouble reinstalling or repairing a operating system I have no clue what is going on.

Edited by blue_mike, 12 September 2014 - 01:37 PM.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Ok I just updated My Amd Apu drivers, but I am seeing multiple Microsoft Visual C++ Files and I am not sure if that is correct!

Perfectly normal. When a program needs them to work they usually install the runtimes, the different versions are needed because of different compilers used to create those programs.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

How did you update the drivers? Manually or using some program?

Is this a laptop or desktop?

blue_mike

blue_mike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Okay sleepy I know you are probably pulling your hair out just like me lol.  After I posted my message earlier the computer crashed, and said the operating system is corrupt.  I spent the whole day redoing the whole sytem again, and I just got it back up.  This time I downloaded all the windows updates, and Mozilla Firefox, and MSE.  I can erase MSE, because I forgot you want me to use Avast.  This time I am not going any further until advised by you.  Last time I downloaded all my Asus drivers directly from Asus.  The only problem that I am having right now is downloading Adobe Flash Payer for firefox.  It says the instalation has failed would you like to manually install it, which I have not.  This is a desktop computer.  I have really been struggling trying to figure out why I am having all the problems.  I have instaled operating systems numerous times for family and friends, and never had such problems like I am now. I know I have said it before, but thanks again for all the help, I greatly appreciate it.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Hi,

Maybe you should consider running some Hard Disk and Memory test to make sure they are ok!

Downloading the drivers from Asus should be ok, if available start by installing the chipset drivers.

Test the RAM with Memtest86 Free. Download one of the Windows Images for CD or USB according to the support you can use.
Boot the computer from the CD/USB flash drive and you will see a screen similar to this one:
4p1CobF4RFce7vjEZSd1GGaqg.png

Let the test run until you see the message: Pass Complete, no errors.... If errors are detected they will be listed at the bottom of the screen.

For the Hard Disk check on the HDD manufacture website for the diagnostic tool or post the brand name if you need help locating the correct tool.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Just an FYI on drivers. I had a computer built by a friend (I just didn't have time to do it myself). He used the driver CD.

I had intermittent blue screens and crashes that I couldn't pin point.

I updated all my drivers using Drivermax and all the problems went away.

blue_mike

blue_mike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Sleepy I ran Memtest86, Western Digital Diagnostic Tool, and Chk Dsk, all tests ran without any errors.  I believe that I had a corrupt file as you said in the beginning that Windows Repair Install was unable to fix.  I think the reason why my operating system crashed after reinstall was due to the fact that there was a driver conflict.  I only see one error is the error message which I will post below.  The two things I have left is to install drivers, and flash player for Mozilla Firefox.  When I have Mozilla open and go to YouTube, a message pops up asking if I want to install Adobe Flash Player.  When I go to install it, its says installation failed would you like to manually install it.  I currently am using the flash player for Internet Explorer, but I want to go back to Firefox.  Do you have any suggestions for downloading flash player to Firefox.  In the three years since I built this PC, the only problems I had was with Adobe Flash Player giving me a random message saying Shock Wave Plugin has stopped working.  Last but not least I need to install the drivers which I am nervous about, I hate to have another system crash.  Thank you for everything!

Advertisements

blue_mike

blue_mike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Date:          9/14/2014 1:23:09 PM
Computer:      MIke-PC
Description:
Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.micro...08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WMI" Guid="{1edeee53-0afe-4609-b846-d8c0b2075b1f}" EventSourceName="WinMgmt" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">10</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-09-14T17:23:09.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1081</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Computer>MIke-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>//./root/CIMV2</Data>
    <Data>SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage &gt; 99</Data>
    <Data>0x80041003</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Source:        SideBySide
Date:          9/14/2014 4:12:06 AM
Event ID:      33
Description:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\Solution Menu EX\MFC80U.DLL". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.micro...08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="SideBySide" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49409">33</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-09-14T08:12:06.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1044</EventRecordID>
    <Computer>MIke-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0"</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\Solution Menu EX\MFC80U.DLL</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Date:          9/14/2014 1:23:09 PM
Description:

Check my post #31

Try to install the Adobe Flash Payer for Firefox using the full install file get it here.

blue_mike

blue_mike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Sleepy I have downloaded Flash Player from that site, as well as I used the MSFixit for that error.  I am still running the orginal drivers that came with the motherbaord and the computer is stable so far.  I am not going to flash the bios even though there are updates for that.  I think at this point I am going to donload Malwarebytes, and maybe the vga, and sata drivers and see what happens.  I do not want to crash the computer again after all the trouble we have been through.  I will run the pc for the next day or two and check back in with you on how it is running.  I know I have said it a million times but Thank You, your help is greatly appreciated. :D

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Hi,

I don't recommend to update the BIOS unless you do some hardware changes that needs the BIOS updated for compatibility or stability.

Updating the Windows drivers using the ones provided on the Asus site specifically for your machine model should be safe. Sometimes they provide several drivers for Network for example and in that case you need to confirm what really apply to your machine and do the same for other devices.

blue_mike

blue_mike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Hey Sleepy everything is running fine.  I just wanted you to check on something for me if you do not mind.  For the Vga graphics I have version 8.860, the latest version is 8.863 (WHQL) will you verify this is correct before I download it to my desktop and run it.  Thank you!

http://support.asus....hzTFJjeFBeZEtJj