Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DirectX Issue

• Please log in to reply

Bizziken

Bizziken

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I know this is a longshot, but I'll ask anyway...and I greatly appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this!

I found an old game that I used to play as a kid (Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003). With my laptop I figured that the compatability mode in Windows 8.1 would be able to run the game. I installed the game just fine, however when I go to play it (in any compatibility mode) I get the following error: 'Directx is reporting that there is not enough video memory to run the game'. After browsing many, many forums, I really didn't have much luck in finding a solution. I've accepted the fact that there may not even be a solution.

I've looked into attempting to install a previous version of DirectX (like 8 or 9) to replace/supplement the DirectX 11 on my laptop.

I've looked into partitioning my hard drive to run Windows XP

I've looked into tinkering with DirectX 11 in an attempt to 'trick' the game into playing

Any ideas would be welcome...and thanks in advance!!!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts

unfortunately about the only option you might try is doing a virtual xp , but gaming in a virtual environment, even an old game, doesn't normally work well.  Then with xp, you run into a whole host of security issues with it, as its no longer supported.