Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FRT64 Log and StartUp Repair reports BadPatch

BadPatch

• Please log in to reply

lesia7211

lesia7211

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Thank you so much for having this site. Onset pc wouldn't start up with report of BadDriver. I resolved many issues after hours and hours. Got the pc up and running to see that it did have 181 hits for malware (this is my brothers laptop and he didn't know why it wouldn't start up anymore) So Malwarebytes took care of that... probably should have stopped there but I went further with Iobit system care... cleaned, tweaked.... and bam. I am back to where I started except bad patch now. The dos commands won't let me go to disk c nor can I start in safe mode. SO here is my copy of FRST log (attached), praying you can help.

Attached Files

Advertisements

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

Hello lesia7211,

Welcome to Geekstogo.

I see you have named that log as fixlist.txt... it is in fact FRST.txt. Not to be confused because one is a fix and the other, scan results.

Now

Running two or more real-time anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall monitors at the same time can cause a conflict. That conflict can result in slow computer performance, error messages, crashes of the programs or other types of failure. You will very likely end up with little or no protection.

That log shows

Avast
IObit Malware

In addition it shows IObit Advanced SystemCare which I have found to cause problems on some machines.

Ideally we would be best uninstalling the IObit ones and then have another look. Unfortunately that is hard to do in the recovery environment. We can remove things but that will leave behind some rubbish that would normally be removed by an uninstall. We will go there if we have to but let's see if we can go back a bit and get that machine to boot to normal mode where the uninstalls can be carried out.

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file to your flashdrive .

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Now please enter System Recovery Options.
Run FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.

After that see if you can boot to normal mode and uninstall those two IObit programs.

So when you return please post

• Fixlog.txt
  • and tell me if you have been able to boot to normal mode and remove those programs

lesia7211

lesia7211

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Ok, looks like we will be taking one step at a time here. Attaching fixlog.

Fix took but still would not boot... Read disk error. Start-up repair reports badpatch

Attached Files

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

Read disk error. Start-up repair reports badpatch

Quite a number of things can cause that. Some not so good...

I see from the FRST log that you have HITMANPRO on the removable disk you are using. For your information some fixes attempted with that program have resulted in rendering a machine unbootable.

Moving on

Question:

Have you tried a Startup Repair?

If you haven't, please try that to see if it can help. Go to Win 7 Startup Repair for instructions on how to carry out a Startup Repair. If it works come back and tell me.

If you have already tried that without success then we will try fixing some things and see if that can get you to normal mode.

Download Windows Repair (All In One) from here.

This tool allows you to use the program from a portable device such as a USB flash drive.

It will allow you to repair common issues with your computer.  When using this tool you can select the particular fixes you would like to launch and start the repair process.

Please download the tool to your flash drive.

It will probably come as a Zip file and you will need to right click on the Zip file and click Extract. The contents will then be extracted to a separate folder.   

Double click the folder (Tweaking dot.com - Windows Repair) then from the list that shows double click the file (about the 5th one down the list) Repair_Windows.exe to run the program.

When the program opens click on the tab Start Repairs and the button Start

At the list that presents put a check (tick) in the following:

• Reset Registry Permissions
• Reset File Permissions
• Register System Files
• Repair WMI
• Repair MDAC & MS Jet
• Repair Hosts File
• Remove Policies Set By Infections
• Repair Windows Updates

Also put a check in the Restart/Shutdown System When Finished (lower right) box.

and in Restart System

Then click on the Start button if it doesn't do it automatically

If it asks you to back up your system click No and continue

Come back and tell me how it went.

lesia7211

lesia7211

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Yes on the start up repair- that's how I got the Badpatch error, used to be BadDriver error.
I cannot get the Windows Repair All in One to extract no matter what I try- on flashdrive or on my pc. see attached

Don't worry about Hitman Pro... it was used on a virus on another computer year or two ago.. my USB took on its name

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.JPG

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

I cannot get the Windows Repair All in One to extract no matter what I try- on flashdrive or on my pc. see attached

I take it that you are downloading it via a clean machine and saving it to the flashdrive and extracting before transferring the flashdrive to the sick computer?

Also, it is definitely the portable version that you are downloading (by clicking the blue Download Now button) i.e. the one at the link I provided?