Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

settings help

• Please log in to reply

dailyconfused

dailyconfused

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Dont know why but my computer(actually my moms) doesnt show all the right tabs...When I right click on the desktop and click propterties it only shows 2 tabs...settins and display I think...instead of the normal 5...Is there a way to get it back the other way...I have no Idea why its started doing that, any help would be appriciated.Thanks

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
click start > run > regedit

locate this HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies

OR

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies

can you enumerate the list in there?

dailyconfused

dailyconfused

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
dude, thank you so much...I had to delete two files that were telling it not to display those tabs...they show up now. Dont know what I'd do without this place.

dailyconfused

dailyconfused

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
this is messed up...the tabs are back, but everything is greyed out...I cant change any of the settings, is there something else I could do to make it so I can change the background and screensaver and such?
thanks again

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Download Policies Fix, extract it to a safe location. Double-click fixfirst.reg then agree with the merge. Double-click fixsecond.reg then agree with the merge.

dailyconfused

dailyconfused

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
thanks, that fixed it