Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Daughters laptop running extremely slow and popups [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

busymomof4kids

busymomof4kids

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Checkup 

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.87  
 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (UAC is enabled)  
 Internet Explorer 11  
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:`````````````` 
 Windows Firewall Enabled!  
 WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update. 
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:````````` 
 Java 7 Update 60  
 Java version out of Date! 
 Adobe Flash Player 10 Flash Player out of Date! 
 Mozilla Firefox 24.0 Firefox out of Date!  
 Google Chrome 33.0.1750.146  
 Google Chrome 37.0.2062.120  
 Google Chrome CommonDotNET.dll..  
 Google Chrome IdVaultCore.dll..  
 Google Chrome IdVaultCore.XmlSerializers.dll.  
 Google Chrome Microsoft.mshtml.dll.  
 Google Chrome plugins...  
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````  
 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice.exe  
 Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam.exe  
 mbamscheduler.exe    
`````````````````System Health check````````````````` 
 Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 9% 
````````````````````End of Log`````````````````````` 

Advertisements

23red

23red

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,797 posts

You're doing great!  :thumbsup:

busymomof4kids

busymomof4kids

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

eset online scanner

C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Program Files (x86)\File Type Assistant\tsassist.exe.vir a variant of Win32/FileTypeAssistant.A potentially unwanted application
C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Program Files (x86)\NCH_EN\ldrtbNCH_.dll.vir a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Conduit.P potentially unwanted application
C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Program Files (x86)\NCH_EN\NCH_ENToolbarHelper.exe.vir Win32/Toolbar.Conduit.Q potentially unwanted application
C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Program Files (x86)\NCH_EN\prxtbNCH_.dll.vir Win32/Toolbar.Conduit.O potentially unwanted application
C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Program Files (x86)\NCH_EN\tbNCH_.dll.vir a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Conduit.B potentially unwanted application
C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\ProgramData\apn\APN-Stub\W3IV6-G\APNIC.7z.vir Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask.B potentially unsafe application
C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\ProgramData\apn\APN-Stub\W3IV6-G\APNIC.dll.vir Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask.B potentially unsafe application
C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Users\Sarah\AppData\Local\Babylon\Setup\BExternal.dll.vir a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Babylon.F potentially unwanted application
C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Users\Sarah\AppData\Local\Babylon\Setup\IECookieLow.dll.vir a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Babylon.E potentially unwanted application
C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Users\Sarah\AppData\Local\Babylon\Setup\Setup.exe.vir a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Babylon.E potentially unwanted application
C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Users\Sarah\AppData\Local\Conduit\CT2801948\NCH_ENAutoUpdateHelper.exe.vir Win32/Toolbar.Conduit.Q potentially unwanted application
C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Users\Sarah\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\edakhebdfmenljamaknlnnallmchcdei\10.20.1.8_0\plugins\ConduitChromeApiPlugin.dll.vir a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Conduit.AH potentially unwanted application
C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Users\Sarah\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\edakhebdfmenljamaknlnnallmchcdei\10.20.1.8_0\plugins\TBVerifier.dll.vir Win32/Toolbar.Conduit.AC potentially unwanted application
C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Users\Sarah\AppData\LocalLow\NCH_EN\ldrtbNCH_.dll.vir a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Conduit.P potentially unwanted application
C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Users\Sarah\AppData\LocalLow\NCH_EN\tbNCH_.dll.vir a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Conduit.B potentially unwanted application
C:\Program Files (x86)\xfin_portal\comcastdx.dll a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Visicom.B potentially unwanted application
C:\Program Files (x86)\xfin_portal\comcasttb.dll a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Visicom.A potentially unwanted application
C:\Program Files (x86)\xfin_portal\dtuser.exe a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Visicom.C potentially unwanted application
C:\ProgramData\BoostSoftware\PCHealthBoost\pchb305-514R.exe Win32/Distromatic.C potentially unwanted application
C:\Users\All Users\BoostSoftware\PCHealthBoost\pchb305-514R.exe Win32/Distromatic.C potentially unwanted application
C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\ApnStub.exe a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask.G potentially unsafe application
C:\Users\Sarah\Downloads\12._Sunday_Morning_-_Instrumental.mp3_downloader_98842.exe a variant of Win32/YourFileDownloader potentially unwanted application
C:\Users\Sarah\Downloads\openofficewriter-setup.exe Win32/DownloadAdmin.G potentially unwanted application
C:\Users\Sarah\Downloads\PCHealthBoost-Setup (1).exe Win32/Distromatic.C potentially unwanted application
C:\Users\Sarah\Downloads\PCHealthBoost-Setup.exe Win32/Distromatic.C potentially unwanted application
C:\Users\Sarah\Downloads\vpsetup.exe a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Conduit.H potentially unwanted application
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\kdidombaedgpfiiedeimiebkmbilgmlc\1.1.29_0\plugins\npDefaultTabSearch.dll a variant of Win32/Toolbar.DefaultTab.C potentially unwanted application
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\kdidombaedgpfiiedeimiebkmbilgmlc\1.1.29_0\plugins\npDefaultTabSearch.dll a variant of Win32/Toolbar.DefaultTab.C potentially unwanted application
C:\_OTL\MovedFiles\10152013_111418\C_Program Files (x86)\Conduit\Community Alerts\Alert.dll Win32/Toolbar.Conduit.Y potentially unwanted application
C:\_OTL\MovedFiles\10152013_111418\C_Program Files (x86)\Conduit\CT3303000\plugins\TBVerifier.dll Win32/Toolbar.Conduit.AC potentially unwanted application
C:\_OTL\MovedFiles\10152013_111418\C_ProgramData\Conduit\IE\CT3303000\UninstallerUI.exe Win32/Toolbar.Conduit.AJ potentially unwanted application
C:\_OTL\MovedFiles\10152013_111418\C_Users\Sarah\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5ppafeze.default\extensions\{37a7edb7-afda-4373-9865-02bf8160e677}\Plugins\npConduitFirefoxPlugin.dll a variant of Win32/Conduit.SearchProtect.N potentially unwanted application

23red

23red

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,797 posts

Hi Tracy :)
Apologies for the delay..

Looking good :thumbsup:  Great work!

We'll first remove the last of the residuals with FRST and then get you updated. 

Step 1
FRST Fix

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST/FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.

If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.

When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

Attached File  fixlist.txt   877bytes   171 downloads

Step 2
Update Adobe Flash

Please click here to update Adobe Flash Player.

Note: Make sure you uncheck the box to install McAfee Security Scan Plus before you download the update!

Step 3
Update Firefox

1.  Open Firefox and at the top of the Firefox window click the Firefox button.

2.  Go over to the Help menu and select About Firefox.
The About Firefox window will open and Firefox will begin checking for updates. If updates are available, they will begin downloading automatically.

3.  When the updates are downloaded and ready to be installed, click Apply Update. Firefox will be restarted and the updates will be installed.

Step 4

javaicon.gifJava Warning

WARNING: Java is the #1 exploited program at this time. The Department of Homeland Security recommends that computer users disable Java unless it's really needed.  
See this article.   Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.

I would recommend that you completely uninstall Java  unless you need it to run an important software or to play games online.

If you need it on the computer I would recommend that you disable Java  in your browsers until you need it for that software and then enable it.

See How to disable Java in your web browser and How to unplug Java from the browser)

javaicon.gif   Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version of Java components and upgrade the application.

Upgrading Java:

Please download JavaRa to your desktop and unzip it to its own folder.

• Run JavaRa.exe, then click on Remove Java Runtime.
  • Select the Java version you have from the drop down list, and then click on Run Uninstaller
  • Press Yes if it asks to uninstall the product.
  • Allow the uninstaller to remove the installed version.
  • When its finished, go back to JavaRa, and click Back
  • Click on Update Java Runtime and then select Download and install latest version.
  • Press Next
  • Press Java Manual Download.
  • A browser window will open with the Java download page.
  • Click the Windows offline link to download Java.
  • Run the installer.
  • Close JavaRa

Step 4
Post!

When you return, please post:

1.  FRST fixlist
2.  Did the Updates go ok?
3.  How is your computer doing, now?  Any outstanding issues?

Thank you :)

23red

23red

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,797 posts

Hi :)

How are the updates coming?  Is everything ok or do you need more time?

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts

User returned.

23red

23red

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,797 posts

When ever you are ready is fine :)  I'll watch for you.

busymomof4kids

busymomof4kids

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

I'm back. I tried doing the frst and it's not letting me it's saying it can't find the fix

busymomof4kids

busymomof4kids

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Can I run the adobe in Chrome or does it have to be run in firefox or ie?

Advertisements

busymomof4kids

busymomof4kids

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

When I try and download the javara this is what I get.

• The Microsoft .NET Framework needs to be installed to use.
  • You must run JavaRa with administrator rights.

23red

23red

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,797 posts

I'm back. I tried doing the frst and it's not letting me it's saying it can't find the fix

If the fixlist is on your Desktop, go ahead and leave it, it should be fine.  I've attached a copy of the fixlist here, just in case it's needed. 

Right click and delete the FRST version you have.

Please download a fresh copy of  Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run

on your system, that will be the right version.

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST/FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.

If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.

When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

Attached File  fixlist3 busymomof4kids.txt   877bytes   149 downloads

Can I run the adobe in Chrome or does it have to be run in firefox or ie?

Chrome is fine.  If you want to use Adobe Flash Player in other browsers also, you’ll need to separately download the Adobe Flash Player for those browsers.  This is done with each Browser:  Chrome, Firefox and IE.

Java

Let's update Java this way:

Go to Start ~> Control Panel and open Programs and Features.

Search in the list for all previous installed versions of Java.

I see:

Java 7 Update 60

Remove all previous Java versions.

They will have this icon next to them: xjavaicon.gif.pagespeed.ic.nXOrq5CtJG.jp

Select each in turn and click Remove.

Once old versions are uninstalled, reboot and then install the latest version.

Download the newest version from here or here.

Let me know how it all goes, please   xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.CwSpBGGvqN.png

Thank you xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.CwSpBGGvqN.png

busymomof4kids

busymomof4kids

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
CloseProcesses:
C:\Users\Sarah\Downloads\vpsetup.exe
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\kdidombaedgpfiiedeimiebkmbilgmlc\1.1.29_0\plugins\npDefaultTabSearch.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\kdidombaedgpfiiedeimiebkmbilgmlc\1.1.29_0\plugins\npDefaultTabSearch.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\xfin_portal\comcastdx.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\xfin_portal\comcasttb.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\xfin_portal\dtuser.exe
C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\ApnStub.exe
C:\Users\Sarah\Downloads\12._Sunday_Morning_-_Instrumental.mp3_downloader_98842.exe
C:\ProgramData\BoostSoftware\PCHealthBoost
C:\Users\All Users\BoostSoftware\PCHealthBoost
C:\Users\Sarah\Downloads\PCHealthBoost-Setup (1).exe 
C:\Users\Sarah\Downloads\PCHealthBoost-Setup.exe 
emptytemp:

busymomof4kids

busymomof4kids

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

It says I have officially downloaded java

23red

23red

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,797 posts

It says I have officially downloaded java

Excellent! :thumbsup:

With regard to the FRST run ~ I need to revise my instruction and have you run it again, you've posted me back the fixlist ;)

You have downloaded a fresh copy of  Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and saved it to your Desktop.

You also have the fixlist.txt on your Desktop. Here it is again, just in case ~>  Attached File  fixlist.txt   877bytes   149 downloads

**Run FRST/FRST64 through first, and then press the Fix button just once and wait.

Thank you :)