Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IDK viruses names. System is very unstable. [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

PBHRescue

PBHRescue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Here is the Speed Test from the Desktop:

Attached Thumbnails

• DesktopSpeedTest.PNG

Advertisements

PBHRescue

PBHRescue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

I am retesting... I am not hallucinating when I say the Desktop is faster than the Notebook!!! 

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
In that case we are looking at how the browser is drawing the pages

Lets empty the temp internet files of the laptop

Clear Cache/Temp Files
Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

PBHRescue

PBHRescue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Here is the speed test (for notebook) after running TFC and re-booting. :)

Attached Thumbnails

• notebookspeedtest4.PNG

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts

Is it still slow in rendering the pages or has it become a tad faster ?

What I will do now is remove all the tools I have used and then see how it runs

Download and run Delfix by right clicking the icon and select Run as Administrator.

delfix.JPG

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes:

CryptoPrevent install this programme to lock down and prevent crypto ransome ware

CryptoPrevent.JPG

Malwarebytes.

Update and run weekly to keep your system clean

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read this little guide Best security practices Keep safe :wave:

PBHRescue

PBHRescue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

I'm currently running the Delfix program now. Thank you so much for all of your help! I greatly appreciate it and all that you do as well as the entire Geeks to Go staff and members! You guys are great!! :)

I'll post a final update once the Delfix completes and I re-boot! 

In the meantime, I do have a quick off topic question if that's okay... On my HP Desktop computer... Microsoft has hidden system files... What would cause those hidden files to appear on my desktop? Just curious... I went into my Folder Options and re-hid them. Just thought it was weird that they would appear. 

The Delfix just completed so, I'm going to re-boot now! Will post my final update momentarily! Thank you again for all that you do!!! 

PBHRescue

PBHRescue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Final update!! Yes, it came up a lot faster after cleaning up!! Thank you again for all your help!! I truly appreciate it and everything you do here!! Hope you have a great and blessed day!! :)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Now that is timing as I am on holiday Friday. Keep safe now :wave:

On my HP Desktop computer... Microsoft has hidden system files... What would cause those hidden files to appear on my desktop....
If you had run a tool of mine on the desktop it will unhide system files. Running Delfix will reset them

PBHRescue

PBHRescue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Perfect timing! Enjoy your holiday! You deserve it! Thanks again for all your help! 

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Advertisements